[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to become interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: C8bL7cOUMAEHzR5.jpg orig.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C8bL7cOUMAEHzR5.jpg orig.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
I'm graduating in one semester having more or less avoided any opportunities to meet girls or meet new friends in general.

Recently I've started working out, I've started a software dev co-op, and I've tried to carry myself a bit more confidently (so I say but I'm still socially retarded).

Despite a lot of things on my life being on the upswing, it feels like I'm so far behind people in terms of experience, and my overall apathy in past years has left me as someone without very interesting hobbies or activities.

I draw sometimes and have some potential, but I've been so unmotivated and find myself never practicing. As much as I like CS, I almost never program outside of work/school.

(cont)
>>
File: 1484173888425.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484173888425.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>18494777
I mostly just watch shows, play games, and chat in discords/irc in my spare time. I also waste way too much time fapping and have seriously considered doing something about that for both my mental well-being and to have more free time.

Getting back to the point, I'm not really interested in girls into similar nerdy things. Other people into similar shows are typically way more social and have the experience and activities to make them baseline more interesting.

I like a variety of music but the snobs intimidate me because I have breadth and not depth to my tastes; also typically other people very into music either play an instrument or regularly attend concerts.

Just generally speaking I feel like there's this huge gap between me and most other people, as if in my mind I just really couldn't keep up with the lives of people that are traveling, bar crawling, doing lots of shit with their lives, and having aspirations no matter how inane.

(cont.)
>>
I think you need to do some introspection and find out what it is that really makes you want to get up in the morning.

Maybe you always wanted to learn a language or maybe you always wanted to go traveling etc.

Start actually doing things you've always wanted to try. Once you find the thing that excites you, you will become "interesting".
>>
File: 1378661492665.png (82KB, 264x258px) Image search: [Google]
1378661492665.png
82KB, 264x258px
I genuinely want someone more outgoing and experienced, but if someone has that experience why would they ever want to be with someone who honestly couldn't keep up with them?

I understand the short form solution is just to suck it up, start giving my hobbies proper attention (or find new ones), and take baby steps towards faking my ability to participate in social contexts.

I guess I just want an idea of what steps I need to take to at least seem interesting beyond a promise that I'll probably have a decent wage in the future. Confidence is probably a major player here too, and it'd be nice to have more of that but it's mostly just not in my character and I don't want to be dishonest about who I am.

I've also got issues like not being able to really ever picture myself in a relationship and the fact that I'm emotionally distant with most people and pretty afraid of hurting people I'm close to. Stuff like that.
>>
Don't you have hackathons where you live?

I've been to 4 this year. Met some people who were fun.

Join the writing society, ours is more of a social group rather than a strict must write group.

Tabletop/DND is also very easy to make friends with.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.