[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What job can I get as a recently graduated math major with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: TWCUavR.jpg (123KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
TWCUavR.jpg
123KB, 750x708px
What job can I get as a recently graduated math major with a low GPA and an otherwise lackluster resume? Any job at all that would cover the following:

1. People will actually be willing to hire me for it
2. Will pay enough for me to live off of

I've calculated my living expenses, including car payments, tuition payments, food costs, gas, insurance, etc, and even when heavily overestimating how much I would spend on things like food and phone plan, it totals out to just above $1000/mo. Rent on top of that would cost me anywhere between $500/mo and $1000/mo depending on the exact area I live and how shitty of a place I'm willing to live in. So I'm looking at needing to earn between $1500/mo and $2000/mo, or between $18,000/yr and $24,000/yr (after taxes, of course).

Finding a job that pays that low of a salary in and of itself isn't that difficult, but what I've been having trouble with is finding a job that pays that kind of salary that's also not afraid to hire a math major. I'm either totally unqualified for even marginally technical jobs because of my shit GPA and lackluster resume, or I'm overqualified just because of my major. These are not assumptions, as I've been applying to jobs for a little over six months now and these are things that I've been repeatedly and explicitly told by everyone I've applied to. I haven't even been able to get basic office assistant, data entry, bank teller, or call center type jobs because of it.

I know that if I want to eventually get a "real" job in my field, I'll have to beef up my resume and/or go to grad school and get a masters (while actually doing well enough to get a good GPA that time), but I desperately need something for the short term while I'm doing that, ideally a job or a set of jobs with which I can fully support myself in the short term.

Any ideas? Would doing something like being a waiter while also supplementing with as many Uber/Wag type gigs as possible help me at all?

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.