[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it feasible to learn multiple skills at once?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: o-MOUNT-RORAIMA-900.jpg (79KB, 900x587px) Image search: [Google]
o-MOUNT-RORAIMA-900.jpg
79KB, 900x587px
I'm currently at a point of dilemma. Up to this point in my life (heading to university at the end of summer) i've largely pursued a fairly hedonistic and low-effort lifestyle (Fat, playing video games all day, smart-but-lazy meme outlook was luckily countered by an autistic habit of browsing wikipedia for fun and ended up with full ride scholarships out the ass). I always had lots of ideas and aspirations, but never did anything to develop myself in a direction that would allow me to act on them.

Now, in the process of getting these scholarships (interviews, etc.) i've had the good fortune to come across people who actually do the shit they dream up in their spare time. This has made me realize that I need to do shit, too.

Basically, I want to continue normal studies while also becoming a graphic novel creator. Up until now, this second plan has consisted of making partnerships with people who already know how to draw, because i currently fucking suck at it, but have stories and worldbuilding completely planned out. These partnerships are not a great strategy, because working with uncreative-but-talented people tends to also involve working with people as lazy as me who can't keep a schedule, while working with genuine creative artists is difficult because they usually have their own comic to draw in the first place.
Additionally, I consider it important to learn a foreign language (being fluent in a major world language is mandatory for my scholarships anyway, I picked Japanese because i like vowels) and develop personal fitness. I've read that mastering a skill with consistent practice usually takes 7 years; I'm concerned that trying to master multiple skills in the same time frame will cause all of them to develop more slowly, or improperly.

tl;dr if i try to develop multiple unrelated skills at once, will they interfere with one another

pic unrelated

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.