[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telemarketer spam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: imagem_materia.jpg (132KB, 860x570px) Image search: [Google]
imagem_materia.jpg
132KB, 860x570px
I set up a website on godaddycom

Ever since then I get at least 6 phone calls EVERY DAY by telemarketers.

I sign up on do not call registry, I also tell them to constantly take my name off the list. They just call me even more!

Most of them claim that my website needs money to get higher ranking on GOOGLE, BING, Yahoo. But I am skeptical that they have anything to do wtih these companies, as calling google, bing, or yahoo to complain seems useless.
>>
So basically you want to stop the calls?

You should use a service provider that allows you to screen calls if at all possible. If you're in the UK, British Telecom (BT) allows you to require the caller to leave a short message for you to listen to before you answer their call.

We get these kinds of calls at work all of the time (retailer). The best thing to do is to identify them right away with "Is this a sales call" - if they don't answer "No" you can hang up the phone right away.
>>
It seems stupid to waste your time saying "take my name off the list!", why don't you just put the phone face down.

I work for a telecoms company (the serious kind that chases global fraud, tests emergency service networks, helps the big ISPs set up etc), and we have this stupid telecom company who tries to sell us their services.

So far our ideas have been:
- redirect them to their CEO
- use the Jolly Roger telephone service (if you want fun do this)
- send them to Christian radio shows in the US

Realistic solutions:
- Block
- Report to the regulator (if it's a legit-ish operation)
- Don't respond to the call
- Respond but claim you don't know who they are looking for, "who is this person?"
>>
>>18494354

It's really bad man, I get OPs pain.

I bought a 5yr domain and forgot to select "Privacy" so I ended up getting spammed all night till I woke up and immediately put it on. It stopped the calls after a few weeks but holy shit.

They still call but like once a month now (probably old list).

OP should've gotten privacy for $7.99
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.