[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Marsel-Prust-650-h-504.jpg (129KB, 650x504px) Image search: [Google]
Marsel-Prust-650-h-504.jpg
129KB, 650x504px
I have just come to realization that I might be an infantile man, or manchild. I tend to avoid responsibillity, I am not able to apply skills into practice and instead I just intellectualize everything, thinking about some higher matter without being able to apply it. In real life, when time comes to take responsibillity, I evade it furiously. Feels like I am always waiting for the moment when "true woman comes", "no sense to try until I'll be invited to work on something grandiose", and until I have a chance and possibility, I won't do anything. Long time ago, girlfriend broke up with me for exact the same reason. She was mature beyond her years, and what I have heard from her was somewhat similar to what I have described, moreover, she felt I was not able to make coherent decisions, always changing my mind as if it was a pendulum. I feel I've been entrapped by my passiveness, life that hadn't been lived was accumulated in my psyche. I have been living entirely alone for a year, but if I had any possibility to be dependent on someone, I'd have already fallen into that way of living. I am studying, but living mostly on my parents' savings. If I am bored, I am trying to get out of the routine, I spend money mindlessly, but mostly on food. In my free time, I start to daydream about genius things I would create if I started to work. These thoughts became so vivid, I spend three or four hours on developing them, that's my hobby.

Having addressed the issue, is it possible to break the pattern? Any tips? Does it feel somewhat familiar to you?

picrandom
>>
bump
inb4 kys
>>
Your age?
>>
File: zkaSamfOXvQ.jpg (38KB, 550x754px) Image search: [Google]
zkaSamfOXvQ.jpg
38KB, 550x754px
>>18493720
19, soon to be 20.
>>
>>18493755

As long as it doesn't interfere with your studies, get a (part-time) job and start paying your own way. It might not feel great at the beginning but once you incorporate a routine it'll get easier and easier. It will basically help you with all the issues you are facing although it seems the opposite right now.
>>
File: thomas-pynchon.jpg (85KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-pynchon.jpg
85KB, 620x410px
>>18493775
I will have been working by next week, basically. The thing is, I have done nothing to acquire this job, just called my father saying I want to work and if there any acquaintances who could take me.

My parents are relatively wealthy, so I'm able to live alone in the well-off part of my town, being able to pay for parties and occasional restaurant gluttony. Should I limit my budget? It's like, I don't have any limits and still got $$$ to put into savings. Maybe, some restriction would help?
>>
>>18493667
Yes, OP: watch Jordan Peterson's videos, sign up for the Self-Authoring program, and hunker down to it like your miserable life depends on it.

Also, more outdoors stuff, more exercise. And meditation too. Try some guided meditations, they ought to help: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
>>18493869
Thank you, I have always wanted to try meditation since in my opinion it would help me to control my stargazing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.