[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IekvLAJ.jpg (398KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IekvLAJ.jpg
398KB, 3504x2336px
Is it wrong to just completely drop everything and start over? I'm only twenty, haven't done much with my life yet, but I'm feeling "boxed in" while living in my home town. I've struggled with the usual issues (anxiety, depression, etc.) but that's not really the point. The point is I'm ready to make an effort to turn my life around forreal this time. I just started the first job I've had in my entire life and it's changed my thought process a bit.

Everyone here has this image of who I am. Friends, family, everyone. Is it wrong that I want to save up money for a year or two, then just move somewhere across the country and become an entirely different (ideally better) person? I still have people who care about me here, I guess, so I'll come back to visit after I've grown. It just feels like I'm stunting myself living here. Would it be wrong if I didn't tell anyone outside of my immediate family that I'm planning on doing this? Am I just pussying out and running away from my issues? I'm sure this post is all over the place, I'm using 4chan to gather my thoughts.
>>
Honestly, bro get a good idea of what your gonna do with that money once you get it and save up
this might be weird to say but don't get a partner yet because it's gonna be harder find a talent and maybe even try and start a company when things start really picking up do stuff you enjoy I hope everything goes well for you man
>>
I use 4chan for this all the time too. I've even forgotten I posted a thread at times. regardless here's my thoughts

Overall I don't think it's a bad idea, but I think you may be looking at this through rose tinted glasses. it's going to be really hard to move to a totally new place where you don't know anybody or have any connections. It might get lonely at times, and you might fail in making yourself a genuinely happy home.

Brother, we have one life. We regret the shots we don't take more than the ones we do. If you truly feel you'll be a happier individual in timbuktu, then by all means save your cash and earn your way down there, and by all means come back or go elsewhere if it doesn't pan out.
>>
>>18493363
I've basically done this twice now in really different locations, and all I can say is that you take the weather with you where you go; even if that means partial judgement from other people you still can never be completely away from how the opinions of others make you feel. I'm pretty much at the point where I want to delete all forms of social media/data trail of who I am, throw my phone away and basically fucking change my name and who I am. Am I insane, narcissistic!?
>>
>>18493363
I would say that everyone should start over in a new place at least once in their younger years. You'll learn so much about being self reliant. I did this when I was 25 and it was definitely not easy at first, but I came to realize just how much I was capable of when I had no one else to turn to. My problem solving abilities, grit, and drive sharpened, I learned how to deal with stress, and I figured whats important and whats not worth it. Tbh, I would have never grown up if I hadnt moved away. I fully support you doing this. Even if you fail youll learn.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.