[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too late?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible.

So the think is, I'm probably on a breaking point of my life. I'm 28 and I have a job I dislike and that is slowly killing me.

I always was considered a smart guy, student with potential but honestly I never gave a fuck about anything, just messed around, played video games and still got pretty good marks. Always thought that I would be fine with a shitty job that just pays.

But I was wrong, I feel like my eyes opened suddenly and I see things clearly for the first time of my life, and now past, present and future are crashing on me at the same time. I think about all the wasted years and chances, wasted potential.

But, here's the bright side, now I have a moderate idea of what I want, and I'm pretty damn sure of what I don't want. I want to travel, I want to meet people, know about art, science, places, everything, I just can't keep living the same week over and over.

I started learning web developement on my own, always been a fast learner.

And it makes me mad that family and friends tell me that I'm making a wrong move, that I should stick to my job, that I'm old to start again. But I feel that by doing this I'll be doing the same thing I've done all my life, not taking the fucking chance.

What do you think /adv/?
>>
File: 1499131696494.jpg (90KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1499131696494.jpg
90KB, 499x488px
>>18492792
Just stay miserable so they can be proud and boast about you being functional, squander your potential and give them grandchildren already you selfish dick, how dare you do what you want to do with your life.

Stop putting feathers up your own ass though, let whatever you accomplish speak for itself.
>>
File: 1480045963828.jpg (101KB, 1100x810px) Image search: [Google]
1480045963828.jpg
101KB, 1100x810px
>>18492792
I think you should give God a chance. You need to have faith and take that leap. Web development will only take you so far. All of that will go into the dust just like your body once you pass away from this Earth. Start storing up treasures in Heaven where moth and rust cannot destroy. Accept Jesus Christ into your life and start living for Him.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)
>>
Sounds to me you should indeed stick to your job, use the free time you have to explore the world around you. If you work hard enough and keep developing your skills, you might work you way up high enough one day that you can work from home or have a flexible schedule that allows you to explore the world even more.

>I started learning web developement on my own
I've been looking to get into that kind of stuff as well. What resources do you use, OP?
>>
>>18492831
this christposter is getting really annoying, starting to look like a spam
>>
File: 1473160135063.jpg (194KB, 1600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1473160135063.jpg
194KB, 1600x1232px
>>18492834
So it's "spam" when a Christian gives /adv/ice, but pretty much every other post is merely a repeat in and of itself?

So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish (Job 8:13)
>>
>>18492792
Live like nothing is going to be given to you. Don't think "once I finish this I'll get on with my real plan." You have to go out and try. If you fail it once you can only kick yourself while down.1 life anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.