[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is becoming a drug addict junkee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 03a.jpg (25KB, 680x501px) Image search: [Google]
03a.jpg
25KB, 680x501px
Let me start from the beginning, almost a year ago (in October) my brother recieved 25 thousand dollars. He was only 19 at the time while I was 21, I let him stay with me at the time so I could help him out.

Growing up I've always been the more successful intelligent sibling, I've always tried to get my brother on the right path to no avail. He started smoking pot when he was 14 in middle school, stopped giving a shit about anything other than his pothead friends or trying to be cool. I suppose it's not entirely his fault, we were abandoned by our mother to our grandparents when we were young. My mother is also an addict and a convict.

So basically my brother got this money, first time in his life he ever got a large sum of money. My intention was to help him set up a business with mostly turn key operations (He could collect a living and "run things" while I set the finances up and handled the complex side of things). I had even indulged his pot interest by planning a smoke shop. However as soon as he got his money he immediately went out of control, started hanging out with the scummiest characters I've ever seen. It was fairly obvious to anyone with common sense that they were obviously exploiting him for free weed and booze. They started hanging out at my apartment all the time, listening to garbage rap until the early hours of the morning constantly getting high. Eventually this started to get on my nerve, and it heavily irritated my girlfriend. I confronted him, tried to make him understand what was going on and what kind of people he was associating with. (They literally scavenged cigarette butts off the road to smoke)

>They're my friends
>It's my apartment too
>Get out of my business

I was trying to attend university at the time so I just tried to ignore it and hoped he would get out of this phase. A few weeks later I came back and he was completely out of his mind, these "friends" of his had introduced him to speed and MDMA.
>>
>>18492282
I tried to talk to him about the business, I had everything finally set up. He would have had a top quality retail location, inventory and rent paid for 6 months for simply 8000.

>That's way too much money
>Trust me bro I have a way better way to make money

I couldn't handle his shit, but he was also paying for that apartment so I moved out. He couldn't comprehend as to why I would want to leave. I found a great place, started finally to enjoy myself and then a few months later my brother shows up at my door. Saying that he couldn't stay at the other apartment because the landlord wanted him out of there immediately. I told him that he could stay with me, but I wasn't going to allow his shithead friends around. He agreed, said he already intended to invest his money.

Woe and behold I found out that his "investment" was 2 or 3 pounds of weed, he was going to become a dealer. Over the next couple of months he ended up smoking most of it and going broke. He had spent over 25'000 in about 4-5 months. I couldn't financially support him so he had to move back to our hometown. By the time I had moved back in April he had become a shell of a man.

He was extremely skinny, depressed, looked like the kind of person who bums around asking for a smoke. He was living in a trailer in the country he was renting from our mother. I found out that he has a pill habit, mostly percocets and speed. I've tried to talk with him and reason with him and all he does is mumbles and walks away. He is already starting to get in trouble with the law.

I don't know what to do about him, he is my brother but I have no idea how to get through to him. I almost lost my gf (Who is 10/10) and my scholarship dealing with his shit.
>>
>>18492282
Lost cause, you've done all you could op. He'll realize eventually, and then reach out. Until then stop being his babysitter and let him live how he wants to. You can't motivate people who have zero motivation in life. They have to do it themselves.
>>
>>18492321
I think you are right

it's just hard to see him slide into this abyss. Even though he is a degenerate now, I still remember the brother I grew up with.
>>
(same person who posted higher) My friend's brother and one of my close childhood friends went through the same thing you're brother has. All of his friends were gang members who were leeches. His brother and family tried hard but nothing worked. Pounds of cocaine and weed and xanax later he returned home. Did everything he didn't before. Helpful with everything, is now back on his feet and last I heard from him he was close to closing in on a job. You've just gotta let it run it's course. I'm sure he'll be back to his old self, just give it time.
>>
>>18492282
bump
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.