[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got an ideas on how to overcome irrational fears? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Anyone got an ideas on how to overcome irrational fears?
Like I'm deathly afraid of violent confrontation and I believe it's incredibly asinine.
>I'm having a problem with a coworker and have tried the usual and reccomended things i.e.:got ahold of boss, talked to h.r, etc, and I fear that it may come to a physical altercation.
>>
Im pretty much the same way.
im 6'0 225, bretty strong but i hate getting into confrontations or fights. I had to fight my drunken room mate a couple months ago and i was deathly afraid even though he was like 70 pounds smaller than me. After the first hit you just go into rage mode and everything works itself out.
>>
>>18492124
Sounds like a problem someine inmiddle school would have. But i'll answer anyways.
If it comes to down to becoming a fight, defend yourself, maybe not by fighting back but from attempting to escape from the situation.
Thats one good way. But if needed just square up.
>>
>>18492124
Pick up some sort of martial art. Knowing how to fight is the ultimate boost to your confidence.
>>
>>18492124
Its not really an irrational fear but you want to at least charge at this head on and embrace the possibility its going to happen.
>>
Get a gun
>coworker
oh that's easy
get some cameras and lay them out at the right spots
And provoke them into a first hit

If you're around others, they will rush in to help, and you just faced your fears and now you can sue both the guy, AND the company. Sue the guy for assault and expenses, sue the company for negligence, ah hell, let's go for broke, for being an accomplice.

Just know that it hurts, but chances are tripping or sliding is probably the same if not more painful. It's not really an irrational fear, pain is real, but you shouldn't let it run your life.

But make sure you get some records of you making attempts to talk to your boss and HR, you're gonna want that for your lawyer to have some leverage
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.