[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering being a pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 266x190px
I just turned 18, I'm graduating highschool early, and I have a lot of ambition to tackle my career here and now. I decided to be a pilot because I feel like it'll give me a jump on money and other skills. I'll join the military since they can help me with college tuition and I'm not sure on which branch would be best but the coast guard will give me extra because I scored well on the PICAT (90). I know the air force is an obvious choice. Sometimes I get cornered thinking about the weight of my decision and I really want to know if there are any loopholes in my plan or if there's anything I can do that'll help me more than what I could think. And if someone could help me decide on a branch that would be good too. Btw I do feel a connection to the military rather than using it as an easy way out.
>>
>>18492051
joining the military as a pilot is a good career choice. Join the branch that you will enjoy the most. I'd go with the Coast Guard since they will give you more, but the inter-military banter is rough on Coasties. CG pilots do lots of rescue and transport missions, Air Force do everything, Navy pilots are elite and astronauts.

Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>18492051
>Sometimes I get cornered thinking about the weight of my decision and I really want to know if there are any loopholes in my plan or if there's anything I can do that'll help me more than what I could think.

Become a warrant officer pilot in the army. You do not need a college degree. I'm pretty sure this is the only way to become a pilot in the US millitary without one.

goarmy com/careers-and-jobs/current-and-prior-service/advance-your-career/warrant-officer/flight-warrant-officers.html

Also, there's a millitary enlistment general >>>/k/34447032
>>
>>18492051
actual pilot here

what kind of pilot do you want to be? military? civilian? you are talking about ambition and money? most career and money are to made in the civilian sector or private aviation sector. especially nowadays the airliners are struggling to find experienced people.

If its career and money you are looking for I strongly advice to do a modular course train yourself to an cpl me ir within 4 months for about 30k usd and find a flight instructing job, build hours to approx 1000-1500 and get yourself into one of the big airlines.

good luck
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.