[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0996.jpg (48KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0996.jpg
48KB, 600x500px
Last September I moved back in with my parents after my gf broke up with me. This isn't a break up thread though.

At the time I decided I wanted to save up and finally buy myself a home. Fast forward nearly a year and I have 30k in savings, but the housing market is absolutely retarded. I live in Phoenix Arizona and you cannot buy a decent home for less than 250k.

I considered renting a 1 bed room apartment and that is even worse. I make about 2300 a month, and again, any 1 bed room apartment in decent condition is going for 1200$ a month.

My parents are not trying to kick me out or anything but I am 27 years old and I feel like I am wasting the end of my 20s by living with them. I'm not sure what to do. I don't really have any friends I could rent with and make rent affordable.

Do I just need to ride out this bullshit housing market because these prices surely have to drop at some point? Is there a way to find better rent prices? I'm just looking on zillow which I've heard is innacurate sometimes...
>>
Move? The Midwest is cheap
>>
>>18492029
Not an option unfortunately because of my career
>>
>>18491965
either move and change careers if necessary, or buy with someone. Commuting is also an option.
look elsewhere besides zillow.
Alternatively, lower your standards. I had to take a place I considered substandard for the same reasons you are facing.
>>
>>18491965

you can buy a home and then rent out the spare rooms, but you'll have rooomates for like 30 years so its not great.

they say that the middle class is dying and its becoming impossible for people to own property the way they did before. its starting in the cities but its moving its way out unfortunately. it just doesn't make sense to sell property anymore as the prices fluctuate so much that if they sell now they are losing out on a lot of potential money later. so renting is where its at.

a similar idea you can do is to take out a business loan instead of a home loan, and invest that in buying two properties next to each other, become the landlord of one and live in the other, but of course that now means you're responsible for all that stuff.
>>
let's be roommates op, I'm in Phoenix too
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.