[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best friend pissed at me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 1481048558592.jpg (119KB, 1033x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481048558592.jpg
119KB, 1033x720px
My best friend is mad at me because he got into an argument with his daughter and she said she loved me more than him and I was a 'way better father than him'. For context, I'm pretty close to his family. His wife was one of my best friends in school and I introduced them and I'm like the cool uncle figure to his daughter. He works to late hours so when he's not around, his wife usually calls me up for things and I end spending a lot of time with his daughter so we're very close.

This has noticeably bruised his ego so he ended up lashing out at me. He spent like an hour trying to downplay me and saying things like "You don't have to deal with her all the time." and "She only likes you because you spoil her." I didn't want to be an asshole and tell him not to take it so seriously so I agreed with him. I told him he's a great father and it's not even a comparison between us, she's just too young to appreciate him. Eventually he cleared his head a little and we made up, all his fine.

July 4th comes and he invites me to his house for a party. He and his daughter are still fighting, she's been pretty noticeably distant towards him. I come over and his daughter lights the fuck up. She hugs me and said she missed me. She was very clingy towards me. It was a little over the top. My friend was in a bad mood at this point. Over the course of the day, she continually snubbed him and would be super nice to me. It was very obvious to me that she was trying to piss him off and he took the bait.

It got very bad when we sat down to eat food and she refused to sit next to him and sat next to me. It ended up in them and arguing and her saying she wished I was her father. My best friend was infuriated, mainly at me. He ended up kicking me off their property. It was a big scene.

His wife has apologized to me but he himself is still pissed off at me and doesn't want to talk to me. How do I fix this situation? I don't really know what to do since I didn't do anything personally.
>>
Interesting situation you have friend. How old is the daughter exactly? This is 100 percent not your problem. I think your friend has exactly that a bruised ego.

Your friend is 100 percent in the wrong here. Its basic jealousy combined with thinking he is a failed parent. You should really give a piece of your mind to your friend and give him an ultimatum if you guys want to continue in each others lives. His daughter doesnt help by being clingy. If she is too young to understand what she is doing.

You seriously need to level with him there is no reason you two should be fighting if you were actually good friends. He needs to become a better person.
>>
Until your friend realises his daughters trying to piss him off on purpose I don't think there's much you can do.

How old is the daughter? And what do they argue about in he first place?
>>
Your friend sound like a man child.
>>
Keep in mind that being a Dad is way harder than being the cool uncle. You don't need to discipline the kid, for starters. I can see why your friends mad about this, but he's still wrong for taking it out on you. You haven't actually done anything wrong.
>>
>>18491549
Also sorry, forgot to take off my name.
>>
>>18491504
His daughter is 14. I'm trying not to attack him because I'm trying not to get involved in this fight between them but I keep getting dragged into it. We've been friends for like 20 years but he seems quite upset at the thought of 'losing' to me even though it's obvious his daughter loves him and is just upset at him right now. I'm 100% sure he realizes deep inside that he's wrong and he's just letting his feelings get the better of him. It's not the first time it's happened but this time he's really fucking pissed. He's never been this mad at me before.

>>18491507
My friend works late so as a result he's not around very much. His daughter obviously doesn't like this so when he is actually around, she has a bad attitude with him. It results in them arguing a lot. She just misses her dad and wants him to be around but he doesn't see through her words.
>>
>>18491553
Well at least your friend has some understanding. Try to reassure him. You guys been friends for so long you need to work together. Let him know that you arent his enemy and to not lash out at you. He must be going through some shit.
>>
>>18491488
is she hot?
>>
>>18491553
Well it's no wonder she's saying those things because you literally are a better father than him if you're always around for her and he's not.
>>
>>18491570
>working late makes you a bad father
>>
>>18491571
It doesn't make him a bad father necessarily, but it makes OP a better father. Financial support is only part of being a parent. If you're not actually there to be more than a wallet then yeah, the guy that's actually there to be more than that is better than you. That's just the truth of the matter whether he likes it or not.
>>
>>18491582
spending time with your children is also only a part of being a father. Another important part is actually providing for your family.

Would you want him to quit his job and move into some welfare housing? He could spend all day every day at home!
>>
You shouldn't be this involved with another man's family
He should've stopped that long ago
You don't seem to have bad intentions but find your own family, Robert
>>
>>18491563
I've been trying to, I really have. I don't know why he thinks it has to be me vs. him. I look after his family because he's my friend, I've always seen it as me being an extension of him. He's probably stressed from work.

>>18491570
That's not really fair to say. Our situations aren't the same so I can be more available. He's trying his best and he works hard.
>>
>>18491599
>>18491600
These. My father used to work from 6am to 10pm at times, the man busted his ass to give us the best life possible. Ungrateful little shits
>>
>>18491599
Both parts are important but actually being there for your children is a bigger part than just being a wallet. Yeah you should have a good financial base, that's fucking obvious. It means nothing though if you're never actually there to be a father. A stay at home dad is better than an absent dad even if they live in poorer conditions because at least the children will grow up having had a father. A dad that's never there and is just finances is pretty much the same as having a more financially stable single mother raising the kids.
>>
>>18491621
>a stay at home dad is better
You're clearly retarded. Go look up how most marriages where the wife is the breadwinner end and you can't have it both ways princess
>>
>>18491621
This. I'm sure when she's in her 20s she'll appreciate how hard her father worked but all her fond memories of a father figure will be of OP. When she looks back and remembers who was there for her, it will be of OP. She'll appreciate her father from a purely logical standpoint but emotionally she'll always see OP as her father. You need to do both, not one or the other.
>>
>>18491621
if a dad makes a fuckton of money by working all the time, when he could just work normal hours and make enough for his family, that's a bad father.

If he has to work late just to afford a modest life for his family, that's a good dad.
>>
>>18491645
and the dumb bitch will never think to herself "man, having food and a roof over my head sure benefited me"
>>
>>18491645
>You need to do both, not one or the other.
^

Money is important but being there for your kids is also just as important. You need to do both to be a good father.
>>
>>18491660
In that case, neither OP nor her actual dad is a good father. One of them spends time and provides nothing else, and the other spends no time because he's working.
>>
>>18491668
Well OP isn't her father so the fact that he does anything is already more than you can ask for but I agree. Still one of them is her father and the other isn't so yeah, I think he's a mediocre father. Not saying OP is better but OP isn't her fucking father either so who gives a fuck.
>>
>>18491676
I guess to be a "good father" you have to magically get the exact hours you want to work from your boss, or else just be independently wealthy then
>>
>>18491681
My dad was always there for me and he provided for us financially at the same time so I don't know why you think this is a novel concept. We weren't wealthy either. If you aren't able to do both parts of being a father then maybe you shouldn't be a father. That fucking simple.
>>
>>18491689
>nobody has a hard time getting a 9-5 shift because my daddy got one

oh shut the fuck up you stupid bitch
>>
>>18491693
>If you aren't able to do both parts of being a father then maybe you shouldn't be a father.
The truth hurts.
>>
Speaking as someone who's father was pretty much gone for months on end because of his job and would only appear every once in a while. I can safely say that OP seems to be more of a father figure than her actual father. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my father for supporting us financially but our relationship to this day is just slightly awkward. There's a difference between "being there" and actually being there
>>
The fact of the matter is, even if OP and her actual father are 2 halves of what makes a good father, she'll always remember OP more because kids are not going to remember the bills being paid. Kids are not going to remember what bank account the groceries are being paid from. Kids are going to remember the guy that took you places or helped you with your homework and was there for you when you were down. That's who's she's going to remember.
>>
>>18491695
>if you can't predict what shift you will be working 14 years from now, you shouldn't have kids
this just gets better and better
>>
>>18491701
some kids do eventually grow up and look back as adults, and realize how hard their parents worked and feel remorseful about being bratty about it.

But you're mostly right, and that's tragic because likely her father is doing his best for her. Life sucks.
>>
File: 1387775074918.jpg (20KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1387775074918.jpg
20KB, 307x352px
>>18491488

>How do I fix this situation?

On the one hand your friend is definitely being absolutely irrational about this. His child is using you as bait to piss her father off and he's dignifying it with the exact response she wants it. Rule number one of parenting is being the bigger person all the time, every time, and this man is definitely not doing that. On the other hand, being a father can routinely generate irrational thoughts and actions. I'm not excusing his behavior I'm just saying feeling helpless when raising your child, especially your daughter, is a common feeling amongst men and it seems like his frustration just needs a target. People get very emotional and silly when it comes to their children and this just seems like a very exaggerated example of that.

If he can apologize and humble himself and admit he's being ridiculous I think its up to you to decide whether or not the length and quality of your friendship is worth accepting the apology. If he remains stubborn then, unfortunately, the best place for you is as far away from between him and his daughter as possible because it will do nothing but create problems.
>>
It's always the white kids that are this entitled, shitty and mentally fragile
>>
>>18491488
What his daughter does is hurtful and uses you as leverage to pressure and hurt him. This naturally makes you a target of his anger, even if you've done no wrong . She's HIS family, you should remind her of that and next time you should put her in her place and tell her she's being a respectless cunt. When she's this respectless towards him that should also remind him that you are his friend and on his side. When you're just there and accept it it seems to me like you play along with her. In the end if you want to stay friends with this family you should side with him, because that guy can exclude you from the family, his daughter can't.
>>
>>18491731
She's entitled because she wants her father in her life? We're really lowering the standards of entitled now then again considering you said white kids, you can't expect black people to know what having a father is like.
>>
As a man with no children yet, I like to think that if my children ever act like some of the people ITT then I will abandon them and show them what not having a father really is
>>
>>18491735
>because she wants her father in her life
If he was there all the time she'd find another reason to be a typical white teen
You grow up spoiled, coddled little shits that have problems adjusting to the real world because you have this sense you're owed everything. You're probably the kind of faggot who thought "your room" was something you parents had no right to enter
That's why most of you are a bunch of mopey self loathing entitled shits whining about how bad you have it because it isn't all handed to you
>>
This isn't going to end well for anyone involved. She's going to end up having sex with OP out of spite to her father.
>>
>>18491748
t. shitskin from the thirdworld
>>
>tfw your friend is a better dad than you and you're a salty bitch about it
>>
First- it's his problem he doesn't spend quality time with *his* daughter
Second- you should have intervened and said, why don't you go sit with your father?
Third - tell him to fuck off, in a very nice way, and to keep ease between you two, if you want to, bring some candy to his house and talk
>>
File: 1428959153058.gif (975KB, 290x231px) Image search: [Google]
1428959153058.gif
975KB, 290x231px
>>18491748

I can't say you don't have a point.
>>
OP you should distance yourself from the daughter. It's not good if she relies on your more than her own father.
>>
>>18491905
>her father is a salty fuck so you should remove her only real father figure from her life
>>
>>18491488
"Why are you angry at me for your daughters behavior?
What do you expect me to do, when she behaves like that?"

As well since she obviously respects you sit down with his daughter and explain to her why and how important it is he gets the money to support her and why his absence is a necessary evil.
>>
That girl is going to grow up with daddy issues.
>>
You shouldn't cuck a dad with his daughter.
>>
>>18491488
Your friend is being a dumbass. He's letting a ho ruin his life on purpose by being emotionally manipulative.
>>
>>18492234
>He's letting a ho ruin his life
His daughter?
>>
>>18492414
yes. she's gonna sabatoge her future relationships by being a ho if he entertains this shit and doesn't check her. the fact he's blaming it on you shows he's very susceptible to female trickery. as the adult with legal authority over the girl, this is his fault.

that is, unless OP is doing something wrong and not mentioning it to us, like kissing the daughter or something
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.