[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sprained Recovery - This Long?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Sprained Ankle Climbing.png (2MB, 1429x790px) Image search: [Google]
Sprained Ankle Climbing.png
2MB, 1429x790px
Over one month ago I sprained my ankle while climbing.
To be sure it wasn't broken/chipped, I got it x-rayed.

Since the i have periodically cooled it and applied cremes and other basic ointments. I wasn't able to keep it as still as I probably should have and didn't wear braces.

Although it is a lot better now, it is still slightly swollen. And twisting it or putting specific pressure on the mid-foot hurts or sends a shock through the foot.

>Is it normal that so long (5 weeks) after the accident I still feel the pain?
>Should I consider going to the doctor again?
>Is there any way to speed up the healing process?
>>
>>18491187
>Adrenaline nigger
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>18491187
Has it gotten a little better over time? Joint pain tends to heal very slow.

>>18491189
Oh fuck off, how is this helpful to OP?
>>
>>18491187
>>Is it normal that so long (5 weeks) after the accident I still feel the pain?
yes. just give it more time. if its still like that in 3 weeks go see a doctor
>>
>>18491189
>>18491207
It has gotten a lot better since the initial pain. For example do no longer have to be careful with stairs.
But for the last two weeks the improvements have plateau'ed. Cooling obviously helps, but I cannot do so 24/7 as my main mode of transport is cycling.
Occasionally, when getting on the bike and standing on one pedal, the pain still shoots up.

>Does it really need this long?
The doctors did not feel the need to fully brace it. I only bandaged for the first days.
>>
>>18491224
>>18491200
This long?
>>
>>18491229
That sounds like you are slowly healing still. This is a good sign, means eventually you'll be fine. You can ask this from your doctor too but I guess it's nothing permanent.
>>
>>18491269
Thanks the reassurance.
Is there anything I can do to aid the process along the way?
>>
>>18491304
Just don't put too much pressure on the joint, like you mentioned earlier yourself, that should be all.
>>
>>18491403
Is there any risk of the foot becoming permanently unstable?
>>
>>18491187
If you are still walking around in it, you're delaying the healing process. Give it as much rest as possible for it to heal faster
>>
Chill, joint damage take ages to heal

I'd say wait until it's been 3 months and see from there. But if it did hurt any ligaments or something major, the exams would have shown.

Think that your feet are spheric joints basically, which are more sensitive already, and they also take half your weight on it each

Afaik, you should be doing hot stuff rather than cold. Cold is just for the first 48 or 72 hours. Now you need to make blood flow better and heat helps it. Also if you live in the US, buy Stop Pain, it's really strong, I bring ton's of it when I go there and basically bathe on that shit if I get hurt somewhere
>>
>>18491790
>>18491782

>3 months
Not that I think it will take that long, but I always thought these things are very common.

>ligament
I think a ligament over extended considerably as I also had a hematoma for quite a while after the injury.
>>
>>18492061
A friend of mine had a partial or complete rupture of his knee ligament, can't remember which one. Most doctors would give him surgery but his just gave him fisioterapy for 6 months and it's now brand new. Way better result than surgery, in a shorter time.

So be as patient as you can, it's not healing overnight. Let it rest as much as possible and wait.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.