[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know you found the one? A question to both females and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: h17A9CB0F.gif (574KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
h17A9CB0F.gif
574KB, 460x460px
How to know you found the one?
A question to both females and males of this board.

And I don't mean it in that idealistic and unrealistic way "the one". But dating and relationships just seem so hard to make it work. Maybe not in the beginning, but later on when the rose colored glasses come off and you sober up from the initial feelings.
When can you be sure to settle with the partner you have?
>>
>>18490848
If you are looking for 'the one', why would you waste any energy on a romantic relationship that doesn't seem promising enough?
>>
tell us about the man or woman you're thinking of
>>
>>18490848
>How to know you found the one?

This is really intuitive stuff, there is no set of criteria. I'm a guy, 24 years old, am nonvirgin and been dating a fair share some years ago (not doing it right now because I plan to move in half a years time and don't wanna leave much ties behind).

If she feels like a female version of you, like a soulmate, someone you can go to a long trip together, just the two of you, then she's "the one". Yeah it will fade away soon, but the connection you have built by then doesn't.
>>
>>18490848
Think of her when she's old and wrinkly:
- would you still love
- would you still fuck
- would you still care for
>>
Calculate marital compatability and behavior, as well as issues that will arise in the future.

In all seriousness, it's all about how well you work as a team. Are your goals aligned? Don't underestimate the important of having the same goals. Do you still love each other at your worst? Anyone can get along with someone else at their best, but you're going to be stuck with each other, for bother /or worse/ in marriage.

Just a couple of things to think about.
>>
>>18490872
No specific girl in mind. The problem is, I have different types of girls that I'm attracted to (personality wise I mean) and they are pretty different from each other. So what are the traits to look out for so I know this will last? That's the point of the thread
>>
>>18490848

Sometimes I think about how my boyfriend will grow into one of those sour granpas who think everything modern is bullshit and fads are idiotic. He'll tell stupid ass stories about when he was young and lose the train of thought midway, because he does that already. That's sorta why I think he's the one for me. Sure, the sex is fantastic, we suit each others' personalities really well and we have similar outlooks and aspirations. But in the end I'm interested in him as a person, beyond our relationship or my personal investment in him, and I want to see who he grows into and what he does with his life. Maybe I'm wrong and life isn't that simple, but I really do think he's the one for me.
>>
>>18490848

you dont. you just date someone who strikes your fancy, try to work through problems, and leave when it doesn't work. the biggest problem with our generation is we commit during the honeymoon phase. the honeymoon phase should be used to find out IF you like the person, but we act like its marriage and we need a 'good reason' to break up with someone.

if you already knew how a relationship would be before dating, there'd be no point in dating.
>>
I really got lucky with my boyfriend. We were friends for a few years before dating, and he was one of those people you just really 'click' with right from the start. The more we got to know each other, the more similar we were - we had similar ideals and values, similar tastes in TV and music, etc.

In the end, we just get along REALLY well. We've barely had any major arguments or disagreements in the 6 years we've known each other. We have similar outlooks on life, we're each other's biggest cheerleader, and we can trust each other more than anyone else.
>>
>>18490848
There's no such thing as the one. "The one" is whoever you end up tolerating until one of you dies
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.