[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finding God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
4KB, 225x225px
I was raised in a Christian background, but then I became agnostic, and I tried to get back into Christianity again but I can't.

I believe n the abrahamic God, but I don't really find myself pulled toward any of the religions.

>catholicism, really corrupt

>islam, imperialistic and in a very bad state

>protestantism, streamlines itself too much and allows people like peter popoff into it

>judaism, probably the only one that I agree on some thing but is also the most persecuted religion in history

Is anybody else in a similar boat right now /adv/?
>>
I think I'm on exactly the same boat. I try to find God and to believe and go to church but I think it's only because of some QT that goes there and as soon as I ask her out, if she rejects me, I think I will back away from religion again.
I still have trouble believing in God while understanding the problem of evil or the way "God is good". My faith is extremely weak. But at the same time I really need answers that science and atheism still can't provide. I see that atheists are almost always not spiritual and are perfectly okay with not knowing or caring about why we exist and what our purpose is (if there is one) but I can't settle for that, even if it may sound stupid to some.
>>
>>18490743

religion is less about the whole and more about the self. it is there to help you define your personal relationship with god. if you worry catholocism is corrupt, simply dont donate to their causes and instead just enjoy the services. if islam is to imperialistic, dont donate to their causes and simply enjoy their services. if prostestants are too streamlined just dont donate to their causes and instead enjoy their services. if judaism is persecuted simply enjoy their services and dont tell the whole world you are jewish.

you worry way too much about the shittiest shit. religion is about what you actually fucking believe not about hwich one has the most perfect congregation.
>>
>>18490743
Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute. I didn't read what you said about Judaism. Okay so they may be the most persecuted but they are also in charge of a lot of things, they control Hollywood at least. And I'm not okay with how they mutilate kids' penises, that's insane, no offense.
I'm not gonna follow Islam because of the stoning people thing.
>inb4 the bible
I think I'm just okay trying to follow Jesus and only his parts of the Bible, but even that alone is hard to believe in. I think the Old Testament is just legends with weird morals.
And there's way more to catholicism than corruption. A fuck ton of Catholics are great people who live to serve and help others. Just because the vatican is fucked up doesn't mean the whole group is.
>>
>>18490758

1: jews have a higher rate in media because of their culture of education, but if you think they are all rich you are mistaken

2: a thing i never got is how christians throw away the ot like it doesn't mean anything
>>
>>18490774
Because the OT is pretty crazy but what Jesus said (allegedly) is mostly pretty reasonable.
And it's easier to believe in Jesus walking on water than to believe in all the crazy stuff that happened in the OT, especially with all the ancient morals that don't apply today. Some stuff Jesus said doesn't either but a lot of stuff he said is timeless. Besides he didn't really strongly imply the OT is a history book when he quoted it.
>>
>>18490780

what's crazy about the ot?
>>
>>18490791
God destroying cities, giants, the sea that part in half, the ages of people, the whole Moses story, the circumcisions. And the fact that the morals of the stories don't really apply to what you can do with your life nowadays.
I find it way easier to believe in the Jesus parts only (or of course, in no parts at all). I can apply "love each other" and "don't show off your good deeds" and other things Jesus taught but I can't understand why, for example, some man in the OT wanted to give away his daughters to be raped to protect some random dudes. I mean sure it was a different time, but I don't have anything to learn from that. I'd rather believe it's a traditional legend that has no spiritual or higher value.
Are you Jewish?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.