[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20170315-WA0007.jpg (30KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170315-WA0007.jpg
30KB, 480x320px
Hello guys.I am currently in an ongoing argument with my gf and we're not talking to each other (usually happens, the first one to give in and talk to the other basically lost).

Now this time it's about how I have the tendency to correct people when they state false facts or use blatant false grammar.

Apparently it's making her feel inferior to me, and as she puts it i'm "doing it because I like making other people feel inferior" which is just plain wrong. I just get annoyed when people state false facts and I correct them. Not even in a rude way, i just tell them outright.

In my opinion she's just being way too touchy about this and should grow a pair (not literally). If you can't take being corrected then it's not on me, it's on her self esteem right? I mean if you get mad about being corrected or receiving feedback then you lack any kind of self reflection.
>>
>>18490720
Are you an autist?
>>
Well, seems the issue in reality is with her in my opinion. If It's an a and b conversation then she could c her way out of it. If the person you corrected has an issue with how you talk to them then yeah, looks like you and them AND HER just aren't socially compatible. Nevermind who's an asshole or not, you just don't belong around each other.
>>
>>18490765
We've been together for 3 years and we seem plenty compatible. I'm not the only one she can't take feedback from, anyone who corrects her makes her feel inferior. I know this because she said "it's people like you why i have low self esteem", basically putting her own issues on me like it's my responsibility.

Point being it's not an individual thing.
>>
>>18490720
Being in relationship demands mutual trust and respect. Trust is self explanatory. Respect is a little harder.

Usually one is more clever / cunning in the arts of communication and once he/she figures out what the other side wants to hear / do in order to feel respected, they get enough power to never make them mad again (or if they do, tjey know how to repair it quickly).

Your argument battle is useless. It doesnt matter who is right or who is wrong. Also she is girl. If she will feel threatened / disrespected / lonely, no argument in the world will make her accept your view / truth.

Whatever bullshit the argument was about, just decide if you still want to be with her, call her and invite her on date as apologize.

If you feel like the more clever from you two, it shouldnt be hard for you to not make her mad. Correcting people in all situations can be rude and i bet making her mad isnt worth it.

>remember she is your qtie girl
You either put up with her bullshit from time to time (and learn how and when to correct her) or you both will be sad / mad at each other.

Tldr apologize and treat her more nicely.
>>
>>18490768
Well fuck. This is what I always do, i'm always the one giving in even when I still feel i'm right just not to make her sad. I thought this time i'll ask for an outside opinion as I really feel she didn't have a point but I guess it boils down to the same "put up with it or don't".
>>
>>18490767

Oh, well in that case yeah, she's fucked up and sensitive. Tell me you didn't just notice this?. Are you finally getting fed up with it? or just for this fight want to re-analyze if you should go back or not?. You do seem like you probably need to calm down a bit more though on that approach of correcting people.

I would think as you mature/grow up you ignore those sorts of things. Who feels like wasting time correcting someone else?. If someone wants to go spitting some made up shit I don't give a fuck, time is already wasted listening to t hem say it, I'm not going to waste any more time trying to teach them how it's not and especially since most people have their points of view and rarely can be swung from it in a simple conversation. But anyways, most of the time i just don't feel like wasting time pointing out small shit.
>>
File: 1499266142047.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499266142047.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>18490777
A lot of r9k posters says that girls are like children no matter the age or social status.
>never accepting consequences
>evading taking sides
>blames everybidy but them for problems
>heavily influenced by emotions
>period induced madness
>using vagina as bargain tool

And sometimes it is kinda true. Decide for yourself if it is worth to put up with her shit or not. Kinda pic related.

Also are you both 18?
>>
>>18490796
Both in our twenties.

I get what you mean and I've experienced exactly that with many women my age but I never noticed my girlfriend do that shit until this now.
>>
>>18490786
It's just that I could promise her not to correct her anymore, I'm mature enough ti be able to ignore stuff like that but by this point I want to be able to do it instead of constantly being forced to tip toe around her trying not to offend her or make her mad. I should be able to speak freely without constantly fearing to hit a nerve or something.
>>
File: average-menstrual-cycle.png (100KB, 442x411px) Image search: [Google]
average-menstrual-cycle.png
100KB, 442x411px
>>18490801
>until now
People show their best face on start of relationship and in time slowly lose the mask. She was probably just pretending to be "normal".

Or she has bigger period than ussual.
>have you figured out when she is the most horny in the month yet?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/theres-new-app-to-help-men-navigate-their-girlfriends-moods-by-t/
>>
>>18490808

>I should be able to speak freely

Alright mane. I'm going to tell you some advice from MY PERSPECTIVE. I know many guys will probably disagree with this.

I think if you want to stay a healthy man and stay sane you need to learn that there are a LOT of women that are just fucked up and don't accept shit. It's part of women being women. That's what I've figured out. Especially if you aren't lucky enough to snatch up a fully competent one. Women are stubborn motherfuckers. I'm 35 and married and I learned that keeping my mouth shut in most cases is the smartest approach and the path of least resistance is a very good philosophy when it comes to socializing. Especially when it involves the person you love and live with. I only open my mouth when it's worth it. And the same way I figured her out she has figured me out, when I do say something she listens or I get pist. She usually knows when I'm pist off she stepped a bit too far and she backs up without any hassle from me.
>>
OP, take it from an old anon who has been married 45 years... There are bigger things in life to worry about that grammar errors or errors in facts. Trust me in this.

If you want to be close to someone you have to accept them, warts and all. If you start nitpicking on things like grammar, unless it is so bad that you feel it will be detrimental to their career/life, you're just using up cycles that can be used on important differences.

And this goes for friends, too.

Just sit her down, apologize and explain that you are a certain way and don't mean to offend her. And that you recognize she's a certain way and you intent to accept her as is.

Otherwise, enjoy your life alone.
>>
>>18490829

>Otherwise, enjoy your life alone.

yeah, listen to this guy. Thing is you won't be alone though OP. You will find out later on in life to realize that you now have the ability to deal with women and will find a girl, but bottom line is you gained wisdom too late to keep the girl you dropped a long time ago. You'll find a different girl, but it won't be the same girl you're with now.
>>
>>18490720
My mother used to get angry when I did that just try to spin it with humor, I did and we both laughed at the end.
If you don't have any humor then you're a real jerk.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.