[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-oneitis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Any happy endings for people who had oneitis? Did you find someone else and was happy not to have ended up with the girl or guy you used to be so crazy about?

I blew it with a girl I really liked. I seriously thought she was the one. I don't know if I'll ever find another one like that.

Tell me there's hope.
>>
But did you manage to get a relationship with that girl? Because I noticed that nowadays everyone uses "oneitis" to refer to an ex you still love. Back in the day it basically meant a crush.
>>
>>18490702
I used to practically worship a girl in high school. She's still extremely beautiful, but I think she dropped the hobbies that made me like her in high school, and has been doing horribly at getting into modeling (She's got the looks, but she's shit at networking, and presents herself very arrogantly) so I can't help but get narcissist vibes from her.

People change over time, anon. Don't think the girl you like now will be the same girl five years from now.
>>
>>18490705
Crush. I guess we were friends. We kind of had a group I got dragged into which I didn't particularly like but she was there so I put up with it. I'm not a group person. We'd talk because that was the group thing but after a few talks, it was obvious we just didn't have a thing going. I wanted to though, so I just asked her outright, I said something she didn't like, she went to her friend, one thing after another and boom, I'm out. I got the bad part but I got a few shots at her too. I think I was on the right side of the argument, though, so I don't have a bad conscience about it.
>>
Been crushing on a good friend of mine for a year or so. What made things worse is that she's not into men and basically told me that we would be dating already if she was straight. I still see her basically every day, we hang out a lot, but I focused on looking for a one night stand, landed one, my priorities got a bit fixed. I'm still lonely as fuck - sex itself is not what I was looking for. But now I'm open to the idea of finding happiness with someone else, instead of coming up with increasingly contrived fantasies about her changing preferences.
>>
>>18490702
Before moving away for college I told her about my crush on her. I thought about her a lot and she had a bf at the time. Distance made me accept it. While I fell in love with another girl, I found out she had someone new. I ended up in a ldr with the new girl and the old one was all but forgotten. We exchanged Vcards and eventually moved in together. When things got shaky I met with the old girl and things went more flirty than I wanted, but she had her sights on someone else. Now that after four years my gf dumped me I thought once again I would never find someone as good. I called my old crush and she cheered me up real good, thought I was smart, nice and really attractive and would certainly not die alone but find someone new to marry and have children with.
I still miss my ex like crazy, but I have come to accept she's gone. What really helped me was looking back at the bad times. Sometimes I used to be so annoyed with her I hoped for her to break up with me. Sure, those were only rare incidents, but while I hold her in very high regard that's not something I want to deal with forever. Someone with bigger boobs and a character that better fits mine will come along at some point. I'm young, attractive and there are millions of other girls out there. Just look at those nice butts when you roll down the street. You can tap all that and more.
>>
>>18490702
>oneitis
I wish I ended up with the girl I wanted...
Nothing wrong with it, just make sure she feels the same.
>>
>>18490713
OP here.

In my case, we had a personality gap. She wasn't really "smart", for lack of a better term. Pretty childish in the way she dealt with people and wasn't really deep to talk to. I wouldn't say it's a flaw, some people are like that and I know she thought I was a stiff. On the flip-side, she was really bubbly and tried to make everyone smile and I liked that.

Even when I liked her, I thought all the while she needed work. I accepted her limitations, I guess.
>>
There was this super pretty girl in school. She was ambidextrous, I was super wierd. One time I said something to her that could be interpreted as a compliment. She was like 'so sweet' and shit, but I said,
>naw, I didn't mean it as a compliment, I was really talking about blah" and she was disappointed. I regretted that one for years and years.

But like ten years later, I found out she got pregnant and married a beaner right out of highschool and has been working as a waitress ever since, just like in our little town. She was half beaner, too. Ha ha ha

My wife left me, and I felt worthless for a while. But she puts all her business on facebook, and she can't get a man and she's going into debt. So that makes me go ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Also we both got wedding ring tattoos, and hers is an infinity sign. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Am I the first adult in this thread?
>>
>>18492527
Are you okay?
>>
>>18492527
>Am I the first adult in this thread?

OP here. Nah. I'm already working.

That doesn't sound like oneitis at all, though. This isn't a "girl who scorned me gets bad end" thread. More about guys (and maybe gals) thinking they missed their shot at their best happiness. Whether or not the girl you scorned turned out badly, you could always say you both could've turned out much better if you had actually gotten together. On the other hand, maybe you found someone better after thinking a girl was the one for so long.

That said, does oneitis exist for girls too? I made that allowance in the OP but I've only heard guys getting it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.