[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

working for a living is ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Capitalism.png (280KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism.png
280KB, 1024x728px
>first job out of university, $70K with full benefits doing software development
>give up on it after 3 months because the people sucked and the job was too mentally draining
>stayed in for another year so it wouldn't look REALLY bad, quit with nothing lined up
>live at mom's house for almost a year dealing with depression, pretty successful
>ready to work! let's do this
>talk with recruiters, within 2 months of searching get a job lined up
>$5K raise, work on a team of devs, cool shit
>people here are awesome!
>free snacks! free soda niggaaaaa?!
>couple months in...
>negative mood all the time
>smoking weed too much
>weird digestive problems... just like during that last job...
>depression: round 2 begins
>still living at mom's house, can't work up the mental energy to find an apartment
>crave free time and only sleep or do useless shit during it

I think I just hate programming. What the fuck can I do instead though? My idiot child self thought that it would be cool to devote my life to computers, but I can't bring myself to give a damn anymore.

What do I do instead? I don't know shit about anything else. I can't even cook my own meals. I lack the desire and drive to become an entrepreneur. Should I just move to some shitty country and make a living teaching english? Go total weeb and join the JET program? It actually sounds like a pretty good idea (please talk me out of this at least)

And yeah yeah i'm spoiled as fuck, first world problems, whatever, fuck you. Just because I make more money than some starving niggletmother in africa doesn't mean I automatically have a good life. Working 8 hours (or more, lately) 5 days of the week (or more, lately) on tasks involving heavy thought and constant learning will destroy anyone.
>>
>>18489780
>working for a living is ass
Compared to what...?
>>
>>18489780
fuck you.
I work 50 hours a week for 32k after taxes. I support myself fully and pay for my own anti depression meds. Cooking is not hard.
Learn that you work to support the rest of your life.
Grow the fuck up and get pyschiatric help. You can certainly afford it.
>>
>>18489780
>working for a living is ass
No shit dumbass
Have you ever met a person that actually wanted to work
No, they just want money
Hell they don't even want money they just want the shit money buys
If people didn't have to work they wouldn't
>>
>>18489791
Yeah I'm fucking rich as hell and therefore so much happier than you, making your paltry 32K, little pleb.

Except, like I said, I'm not. So give me some advice other than "you're spoiled as fuck" because a person's income level has nothing to do with how happy they are. I'm sure Robin Williams had plenty of money saved up.
>>
>>18489800
This is the attitude I wish I could have, but it's so defeatist. There are other ways to get money. There are plenty of people who do very little work and make much more money than people working full time.

So what should I do to get some money? Working for 1/3 of your adult life isn't the only way. Even if I have to work, like I said in the OP, I'd rather do something that's not so mentally taxing so I could at least chill out for most of the day.
>>
Get the fuck over yourself. You have to work and you'll be working for most of your life. That's a fact. Work is menial and tiring, another fact. Fucking deal with it
>>
>>18489780
I don't think it's entirely bad idea to move to some shitty country and make a living teaching english, but I have to warn you that teaching positions are even more mentally draining since you must have a lot of patience for all these little problems your students will have. It can be rewarding if you are a social person and enjoy teaching others something which helps the improve, though, and certainly some people will be immensely grateful and say it to you, but it's also a demanding position too if you are not cut out for this.

If you have the unachievement syndrome, I suggest you should think really hard about what in your life motivates you. Maybe you should just get a gf? That could be a nice motivation as well, but your main focus in life should always be career-related.

You also need to realize that working will always suck ass, no matter what you do. The trick is to adjust your working rhythm in a way that it is not so bad. For example, I love plugging in earbuds and listening to youtube vids, music or podcasts while working on my graphic design stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.