[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression journals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Does anyone have a journal where they write down times when they were depressed and the cause of the depression?
If so,can you share it? Im interested in what you wrote down in it so I can cope with my depression.
>>
I doubt anybody will share their actual entries, that's pretty personal.

You just write down all the shit you think and feel. Not exactly rocket science dude.
>>
>>18489198
I think that request is too specific. Just go somewhere like r/depression or r/depressed or whatever. Alternatively, literally google 'depression diary' or something.
>>
>>18489198
I've been using an app called Stigma. If you can, you can download it and you can view some of people's journal entries that they make public.
>>
>>18489198

I dont have a journal, but i can still share something. I am a college student, majoring in Mech eng, almost done too. The thing is, no gf, but this is by choice. I dont want to risk having a gf and getting her preg, cuz stuff WOULD happen. If i were to get a girl preg, id have to drop out and get a dead end job to provide, throwing all my studies down the drain. This is where i get depressive, this goddamn solitude. It doesnt end there, after the depression, i feel anger. Certainly doesnt help when i remember this one girl that was an unofficial gf in hs. Hope you feel better.
>>
I wrote a journal like this. I could post mine with some minor editing to remove identifying features, but I do have a question.

What makes you interested in reading something like a depression journal?
>>
i do/did. i'll post an entry, let me just find a suitable one
>>
>>18489198

my journal was mostly happy moments. there was a few sad ones though

>dog died.

that was the jist of it. the struggle for what was right and wrong in terms of putting her down as well.

>friend made fun of me

basically I had a brain injury a few years ago, and its made me athletically retarded. i used to play rugby and soccer and do gymnastics. i was never the star of the team but i could play. now i can't walk right and strangers say i walk like I am a coke addict. so anyways, im at this party watching the other guys play and my friend who is more than well aware of my brain damage is trying to get me to play, and i explain that since the brain damage i cant do shit, and he laughs and says 'do it man it'll be funny'.

it made me sad that someone would not just laugh at me, but insist i embarrass my self over what is essentially a disability for his and strangers entertainment.
>>
>>18489551
I'm this poster.

I was depressed due to a bad relationship, feelings of loneliness and isolation, lack of a social life, and extreme low self esteem.

This is a journal entry shortly after my suicide attempt when I was living with my girlfriend and her family in a weird, peter-pan like arrangement.

"Wow. Being depressed sucks I'm usually a big people person. At least with my people.

But I can go back to not depressed. I can unlearn this. People really like to hang out with me and I them. So why is it so hard? I always had anxiety but I was always outgoing after I got used to people.

My personality has been popping back up but the depression has changed. It has a hold on a different part of my heart. It's more sinister now.

What can I do? See a mental health professional. This stuff peaks at my age.

I can fight this. Depression holds me back. It makes ignorant comments of "You're just a crybaby" people say to me on the internet completely disable me in misery.

Well now it's time to go vote, and then I'll call dad."

As you can see I was determined to get out of it, but I couldn't even be in control of my emotions. My dad was one of the only people I could talk to normally during that period of my life.

A month or so after that post, I got on antidepressants, and now I've been slowly getting off them to good results.

Good luck OP. I have more if you wish to read it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.