[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where can i get a legitimate iq test?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170427_085603.png (2MB, 1439x1118px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_085603.png
2MB, 1439x1118px
where can i get a legitimate iq test?
>>
Mensa
>>
IQ is a term anyone can throw around for any reason. its kind of like aksing 'where can i get a legitimate rating on my looks?'

there is none. that being said, the most sought after is MENSA, who kinda started the IQ test trend, and they are the ones who decide if you are a genius or not.

from their website:
The true Mensa test must be administered inside a controlled environment at an approved testing center. The exam takes around two hours to complete, centered around questions based on logic and reasoning. The testing fee for this exam is $40.

so the best you can do is take it in person
>>
>>18488943
>>18488945
thanks, dudes
>>
>>18488945
but if you ask me, intelligence is a lot less subjective than looks, but i know what you mean. I'm just interested in the result, im sure it'd be worth 40$ and 2 hours of my time.
>>
>>18488956

eh. the only way you can say that is to create a universal system of intelligence and say 'THIS IS WHAT WE ARE MEASURING BY'

it doesn't stop people from telling idiots they are smart just because they studied one particular field that isn't mainstream.

there was a time anyone who could use a computer was 'smart'. now retards can use computers just fine. it was just a matter of hobby and time.
>>
>>18488939
A licensed clinical psychologist. Here in Illinois the going rate is $200/hr for administration, interpretation, report writing, and a feedback session. A full WAIS battery will run somewhere between 1.5 and 3 hours, figure another 2 for scoring and report writing, then the cost of the feedback session.

tl;dr - you think you want this but you don't want it enough to drop close to a grand on it.
>>
>>18489049
no i dont want that, i want to drop $40 on an iq test. that seems much more reasonable. if i thought i was a super genius id do that, but really i just wanna see how my intelligence compares to what the worldwide standard would be. it's an interesting subject.
>>
>>18489090
Thats the problem, though. Mensa's test isn't an IQ test, its an entrance exam. Any $40 test is going to be either vanity or bullshit. There is no worldwide standard, there is no clear definition of intelligence. If you want something vaguely approximating a meaningful measure you need a test with an enormous, varied sample size.

Spend your money how you want, man, but you're not going to get what you think you're getting.
>>
>>18489177
yeah, good point. if you have a certain iq then you're allowed into thier little club.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.