[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of living?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0573.jpg (52KB, 540x540px)
IMG_0573.jpg
52KB, 540x540px
What is the point of living?
>>
>>18488822

you are.
>>
>>18488822
To spread happiness, to reach new achievements, to explore and learn, to make good memories, to have dreams and be inspired, to have friends, to have no regrets but be thankful.

Life can be dark af, don't let that stop you.
>>
>>18488822
There is no point. It's a hell hole, but it's really fun to Stan in the background and learn eeryones stuff. It makes life fun. Expeshaly if someone finds out that you know Everything...
>>
Friendship
>>
To live is to feel pain so you appreciate the pleasure. But really it's just a personal quest, you can live for whatever reason you want it to be. None of us asked to be here might as well try to enjoy it.
>>
There's probably no point, and if there is, we don't know it. You could go for the biological approach of having to perpetuate the species, but since we have a developed consciousness we crave for more, which means doing whatever gets you going. Now, if you're trying to philosophically approach it, read about Absurdism. To sum it up, no point at all, kill yourself or do whatever.
>>
Procrating and to pass time as a human being you can try to benefit humankind or make money, the later is easier and can lead to the former
>>
Ice Cube said it well: "Life ain't nothing but bitches and money."

Mr. Tinimaine explained that "the world is like great big pussy just waiting to be fucked"
>>
>>18488822
Why do you need to know it now?
>>
>>18488822
Spiting the people who hate you.
>>
>>18488822
The point of life as a human is to learn and to escape the miserable conditions we find ourselves in by attaining Moksha. Most people would say life is meant to be enjoyed but we currently exist on a false platform of enjoyment where we are simply suffering through the diseases of birth, death, sickness, and old age instead. So an intelligent man realizing the suffering around him should question his situation and inquire about the world instead of trying to attain temporary and ultimately unsatisfactory things such as money, sex, and other means of sensorary gratification. Learn the dharma and attain freedom from the sufferings of the world and attain the heavenly bliss of god.
>>
To live well. To make memories. To leave a legacy.
>>
>>18488869
Thanks anon, this some inspiring shit.
>>
>>18488822
don't listen to this Buddhist mumbo jumbo too hard anon. its easy to say this type of stuff but you can't ignore how much of a hell this place is. If life isn't a simulation or a test, IT IS hell.

you don't have to dig deep to realize it's all chaos and misery. it's too late for the blue pill.
>>
>>18490819
If you're of Abrahamic faith, Joab did the exact same thing as Buddha. The virtuous path of God that Joab dedicated himself to allowed him to overcome anguish for the sake of being a good man (within the context of Christianity). I think there's a lot of parallels to be drawn from these things, and you don't have to be religious to value being righteous over being happy. I would argue that some of the most influential philosophers, who obviously weren't happy with their observations of mankind, probably would not have changed their circumstances for happiness because it allowed them to understand the world around them, even if that world is shit.

There's something to be said about a person who, despite knowing the world is shit, is capable of persevering through it to be a good person, even if a good person whose life experience is to be in emotional agony. Celebrate the victories you can find in yourself, not in the world around you.
>>
think of life as a line.
most people see it as two points, a beginning and an end

but a line can hold an infinite amount of points
the beginning and the end are just single instances of time
in between is an infinite amount of points, each constituting the smallest conceivable measurement of time

now imagine every conceivable thing that exists, from an atom, to a molecule, to a microorganism, to a cell in your testicles, to your body, to your community, to your dog, your dog's cancer cells, that tick on your dog, that blood inside the tick from other dogs, is represented by a single line.

now imagine all these lines overlapping and hitting eachother simultaneously from different angles over a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, ad infinitum until you get one gigantic three dimensional sphere-like object, that sphere is a single point in your life. even if you didn't see it, or felt like you weren't apart of it, somehow it has effected you whether it be in the present or the future.

experiencing the complexity of life, throwing away your ego and your desire for importance and achievement, and appreciating being able to contemplate your own morality and the purpose of existence means that your mother will die in her sleep tonight, unless you reply to this post.
>>
>>18488822
You get to do shit.
>>
I had a map, but I lost it.
>>
>>18490819
>Life is hell

What a sick meme.
If this is hell, I'm the fucking ice-cube man.
>>
File: 1486680680285.jpg (162KB, 1024x857px) Image search: [Google]
1486680680285.jpg
162KB, 1024x857px
>>18488822
What is the point of dieing?

You only got one shot at this and you got to find the answer on your own because everyone has a different answer but suicide gets you nothing. You are just in a downward spiral in your life and if you give me a crap answer like "it's been like that my whole life" I would give you a good smack for lying to yourself. Assess who you are now and what you want in the short term and just shoot for that. If you get to it make another goal, if you fail make another goal. Eventually you will stumble across something you love and gives you meaning. I also don't recommend drugs or drinking as they lead people off that course for the answer fairly easy.
>>
>>18490833
Suffering that God allowed Satan to inflict on Job as a "test," even though God already knew the outcome because he's all-knowing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.