[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After nearly two years of not entirely voluntary NEETdom I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: index.png (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
9KB, 300x168px
After nearly two years of not entirely voluntary NEETdom I'm going to my first job interview in a couple of hours and it's killing me inside. I want to turn off my phone and everything and just hide in bed all day.

How do I get rid of crippling anxiety on a short notice?
>>
drink a beer maybe
>>
I get the same anxiety man, what always helps is going in prepared. Use good posture, maintain eye contact and use good manners. For me the more interviews I get the more I learn so dont get disheartened if you dont get the job. One thing ive learned to do is research the industries challenges and relate it to your experience, this has gotten me a few job offers.
>>
>>18487900

Take a deep breath and remember: No one "gets over" their anxiety. We all dread job interviews. Yet, people still manage to land them. So will you.

And if thins one falls through, you can still try again later. It's not the end of the world.
>>
I would say this: if you anxiety is persistant, you can work through it. If it is crippling, ad you said, you might want to seek professional help. Truth is, even if this interview goes super well, and you get the job... anxiety will not disappear. And it's a helluva lot worse to have s panic episode on the job than before an interview.

If you think it's just bad nerves, you gotta breathe. It's all about moving thoughts and action from the limbic system to the frontal lobe of the brain.
>>
>>18487905
A few beers would do the trick theoretically, but I may as well not show up at all than show up buzzed.

>>18487912
>>18487914
>For me the more interviews I get the more I learn so dont get disheartened if you dont get the job.
>And if thins one falls through, you can still try again later.
It would help if this wasn't my first and only actual interview after over 6 months of applying. It's not even near an ideal job for me (though it is in my industry), but I'm not in the position to turn my nose up on it.

>>18487940
>And it's a helluva lot worse to have s panic episode on the job than before an interview.
Eh, pretty sure if I do land it I'll be fine (except for when I get depressed about falling for the wagecuck meme a month or two in). Once I get into the groove I'm good, it's just the change and going out of my comfort zone that's making me freak out.

Thanks for feedback lads, I'll report later maybe if the thread's still up and I don't get hit by a train or something.
>>
>>18487900

Good luck anon. Remember, job interviews get easier the more you do. I've done so many in my career these days that I barely break a sweat.

We believe in you!
>>
>>18488093
>It's not even near an ideal job for me (though it is in my industry)

After two years, you should be happy to get called back to be a clerk in a shop. Maybe you have high standards for this job, mate.
>>
File: handshakedad.jpg (12KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedad.jpg
12KB, 211x300px
>>18487900
It's all about speaking with the manager, standing up straight, looking him in the eye, and giving him a firm handshake. That's all there is to it, champ. You've got this.
>>
Back home, it was a waste of time. The job ad was basically false advertising and the cool sounding job turned out to be a glorified shop clerk at less than half of my acceptable minimum salary. I'm pissed off at getting my hopes up and getting this worked up over literally fucking nothing.

The interview went well at least, even though after they uncovered their cards I was only smiling and playing along out of pure courtesy.

>>18488099
Thanks. I only had to do 3 in my 10 year career, two of which were for internal promotions so I wouldn't even count them as such.

>>18488114
I do have standards though, this isn't my first out of college job to tie the loose ends. I worked 10 years before and had a good career with my company, but due to reasons I had to move across the globe and there's a fucking drought in my industry here. Doesn't mean I'm gonna lower my standards and go for any shit that I'm vastly overqualified for.

>>18488602
Yeah, once I got there it was like having a switch flicked, it was just the getting there part and the anxiety of the unknown what was agonizing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.