[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get over my irrational hatred of weed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: Stoner.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Stoner.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
How do i get over my irrational hatred of weed.

All my life i have been surrounded by people who have gotten into smoking weed and have turned into the most obnoxiously intolerable pieces of shit to ever walk the earth, because of this i have linked weed with stoners and stoners with absolutely miserable people to be around, leading me to believe that anyone who smokes weed is a complete degenerate stoner.

now, i know this isn't rational, hence the title, but whenever someone i know tells me they smoked weed i inwardly recoil in disgust and immediately look at them as more of a fucking loser than i did previously, but i don't like being this judgemental, as i know that not EVERYONE who smokes weed becomes a fucking stoner, but the irrational part of my brain still keeps me in that mind set.

i have never smoked it before, but i'm not saying i hate weed as in the actual experience of it, i'm saying i hate weed as in the dude weed lmao culture that i irrationally pigeon hole everyone who smokes to be a part of.
>>
>>18487807
Think of it like alcohol. They're both mind-altering substances; when used in excess they have detrimental effects (alcohol being the worst of the two). Stoners are basically alcoholics, the difference being the former is a psychological addiction and the latter is a mix of that and physiological.

Neither of these substances are bad when used responsibly and in moderation. There's nothing wrong with having a beer every now and then, right? Same thing with smoking an occasional joint. They can both also be social activities, which again, there is nothing wrong with in moderation.
>>
>>18487807
Its a hard one and understandable. If you were around a shitty crop of people the association is natural.

I had it in elementary/highschool because most people smoking that young were total faggots about it, but lost it over the years (im 30) because ive met more solid people who smoke weed.

My two very best friends are huge potheads. Both super cool mature responsible hard working human beings. One makes 6 figures doing marketing for a record label, the other is a PhD chemist and does science stuff i cant pronounce or understand full time and hes a professor.

Both smoke weed erry damn night.
>>
I smoke weed every single day, and I'm an upstanding citizen. Ask me anything.
>>
>>18487836
this is what i've been thinking about, hence why i know its not rational, but that still does not shake the connection i make to people who smoke it to full on stoners

i think it's different to me because with alcohol there's no one (well no one that you will reasonably come into contact with) who is part of an immature-ass drug cures cancer, weed-bro culture for alcohol as there is for weed, and i know that's what i hate the most.
>>
>>18487856
>weed cures cancer

These people make me cringe harder than the most offended sjw.

They don't know the first thing about cancer, medicine, or human biology, but by odins cataract they are CERTAIN weed cures cancer because internet.
>>
>>18487856
I think that's due to the times we're living in. Weed is still stigmatized and illegal in many places, so people are trying everything to help others understand what a harmless substance it can be. Kind of like gay marriage, and all the gay pride stuff everywhere.
>>
I think the most effective way to get over your hatred is to start smoking yourself.
>>
>>18487847
taking this into consideration, i'm reading what you're writing and not feeling the sense of disgust i normally would do. i'm starting to think i only pigeon hole those who smoke it if i know them personally, maybe its to do with me caring about them and not wanting them to turn into potheads, i dunno
>>
>>18487872
Its a bit of brainwash too.

Them highschool dare programs work. Whether you know its rational or not if youre told enough times your brain takes it.

You dont even have to be stupid.
>>
>>18487869
i think i'm almost definitely not going to do that, i was thinking of it, but seeing it written down literally made me shudder at the thought of becoming like OP-pic-related, even though i know i wouldn't become like them, i would still judge myself over it and resent myself for it, i think if i ever were to smoke it would be long after i have gotten over this hatred of it
>>
>>18487807
Smoke weed
>>
>>18487881
maybe, although my school didn't really have that (i live in a very liberal area so its not exactly top priority) i think its more to do with my own experiences of people with it rather than horror stories i was told as a kid
>>
>>18487884

read ---> >>18487883
>>
>>18487864
I live in the Netherlands, where thc and cbd oil are really upcoming. I knew a woman who cured her cancer by taking thc oil, but it then came back really bad so she died of cancer anyway. My best friend's dog was diagnosed with cancer (in the bone of one of his legs) about 1.5 year ago. Instead of amputating his leg (which would give him about 6 more months) they tried giving him thc oil. The though behind this was that if it didn't do anything to the cancer, it would at least help the dog with sleeping, eating and the pain. From that moment on, I've seen the dog recover with my own eyes. He started walking better and he became his (happy) self again. After a year, they went back to the vet to scan the cancer again, and it hadn't grown at all since it was diagnosed. If you see the dog today, you wouldn't at all guess that is has cancer.
>>
>>18487896
Just out of curiosity, what are the age groups of people you've known who have become stoners?
>>
>>18487807
Its not irrational to hate things you see as negative influence.

People around me smoke weed all the time. Sure they are working adults and such, but their level of discourse is at the level of highschool kids. Their level of articulation, deep thoughts are that of highschoolers.

Weed is an anti-intellectual drug as it creates pseudo scientists out of retards and it creates retards out of scientists.

I've tried weed on few occasions too as an intellectual pursuit and to put to the rest of their argument about "lol u havent even tried weed XDDD", not my thing.

Logically speaking, given my experience and influences around me, the feeling of abhorrence is completely reasonable.

inb4 "DUDE WEED ISN"T A DEPRESSANT I FEEL LIKE I HAVE MORE ENERGY WHEN I TAKE WEED" lol, stop kidding yourself you dumb fuck.
>>
>>18487903
that really has nothing to do with a CURE though does it, yeah thc oil is used medicinally to help patients deal with sleeping and eating and shit when going though things but it has fuck all to do with curing cancer
>>
Also, coming from someone with clinical depression, smoking pot has been a double-edged sword for me. It didn't "cure" my depression, it's more like a mental pain-killer, temporarily relieving debilitating symptoms so that I can function and don't kill myself. Without weed, I would have definitely ended my life a few years ago. Now I've become a functioning member of society, albeit with weed as my crutch.
>>
>>18487847
If we can ever earn that back. But with all over saturated things we cant.
>>
>>18487904
well i'm 20 now, those people are my age and slightly above and below
>>
>>18487918
Ah that explains it. Immature people say and do immature things. Look at any underage drinkers, they're likely to share traits with the stoners you hate so much.
>>
>>18487909
I think its funny these people want to be held in the same respect as philosophers
>>
>>18487903
That would be an anecdote. It does not stand up to mass peer review study.

Youll find a million peoples whose cancer magically vanished for no reason, and among those youll find 100,000 who were on cbd oil or smoking pot.

Its a coincidence, and in a world of 7 billion people youll find enough coincidences to "prove" anything.

The truth is cancer is a blanket term that refers to a tonne of different manifestations. And its very complicated. You will never have one cure all no matter how far we come.

The whole reason chemotherapy works is because its highly toxic. Cancer cells are your own cells. If it kills cancer cells it will kill your cells. Thats also why chemo makes people so fuckin sick.

Im not even a doctor and i know that, which is very basic accessible cancer knowledge. Which means the truth is even still a thousand times more complicated than that and far beyond your or my education.
>>
>>18487922
you would think so, but the difference being that people who smoke weed aren't so fucking proud of it
>>
>>18487934
>people who smoke weed aren't so fucking proud of it

Hm, maybe because, y'know, there's a big bad stigma perpetuated by people like you? Responsible people who use weed responsibly aren't going to be so vocal about it.
>>
>>18487942
>criticizing smoking weed creates stigma
lol you do that yourself when you smoke weed. The stigma of being lazy, retarded, pseudo-science trips is not created by the criticism of weed but rather the very act of smoking weed. Its a fact of life that smokers have bad breathe, its not the criticism of smokers that created the stigma.
>>
>>18487942
SORRY TYPO

i meant to say, people who drink alcohol aren't so fucking proud of it, meaning if pot smokers weren't so proud and make it such a part of their character, then i would not have as much of a problem with it

and what is your point anyway? that people should be proud of smoking a fucking drug? even if there's nothing shameful about it, you still sound like a faggot if you're "proud" of something like that
>>
>>18487950
I'm not saying people should be proud of it, but to be relentlessly ass-blasted by people who despise weed simply for mentioning it is uncalled for. It's unfair to people who use it as a medication to be lumped in the same group as obnoxious stoners. Would you chastise someone for drinking beer, because all people who drink alcohol are obviously alcoholics with disorderly lives?
>>
>>18487807
>have never smoked it before, but i'm not saying i hate weed as in the actual experience
I bet you have smoken weed
>>
>>18487807
it's not irrational. everyone in your life that got into weed went dude weed lmao.

why would you think it's irrational except if dude weed lmao people told you you have a problem? don't listen to people that aren't where you want to be. don't want to be wasting your life hitting the bong watching shitty tv? then don't take their advice frankly.

your experiences tell you that weed ruins people, and it's true. you're not being irrational.
>>
>>18487851
What do you think of recent studies connecting today's weed potency to deficits in development and cognitive ability?
>>
>>18487807
>irrational hatred of weed
>irrational
This conflicts with the rest of your post.
>>
>>18487807
You don't hate weed. You're just hyper-critical of everyone around you, and blaming it on a substance rather than taking responsibility for your judgmental temperament. You don't need to stop hating marijuana, you need to stop judging everyone and focus on your own life before you criticize the choices others make in theirs. Also not every smoker participates in stoner culture, most of them hate it matter of fact. You're making generalizations and then hating a group of people based off the strawman you constructed about their way of life.
>>
>>18488552
I smoke that 'round town brown, so it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>18488552
ask them what they think of recent studies showing weed having horrible effects on the reproductive system. it can halve test levels and cause such severe and permanent harm to women's reproductive systems that the studies with women have always been shut down before they completed out of fear for the long term effects on the women in the studies.

totally OP, a disdain for weed and weed smokers is totally irrational. mhm.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498583842621.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498583842621.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>18487864
>>
>>18487807
Frankly? You're just an idiot. Stop being stupid. It's simple.
>>
>>18488638
See>>18488593

Also pharmaceutical companies are well known in the states for marketing things with shakey evidence, and even dropping their supply when it turns out to be harmful because the sales will outweigh the liability. They have lobbied well with the FDA in the states to force drugs through with minimal study.

Finally, marijuana is shown to be of excellent use for chemo patients to help with the pain and stress, and increase appetite to keep them eating. Not cure the cancer.

Tl;dr

Yes it has its uses. Also pharmaceutical companies marketing something =/= its actually effective or even safe, especially in the states. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt.

In many cases, the actual peer review clinical trials are available to the public. You can actually read what the studies have found. If a drug is not studied enough and needs more attention, or its harmful, it WILL be in the studies. If the study itself does not reference other studies, or you can't find multiple seperate entities who also did their own and reproduced results, you might have a sinister intentioned corporate backed study on your hands.

Many people call it a conspiracy when a drug is dropped thats suddenly dangerous, meanwhile the official scientific literature that exists and is easily accessible for those who know where to look carried the warnings from the get go.

But they bank on the fact people do not read the studies.
>>
>>18488638
>see

Sorry, I have directed you to the wrong post.

See>>18487926
>>
Used to smoke everyday for about 2 years, made some stoner friends along the way. When I quit I definitely felt like my cognitive abilities and my motivation increased.
People who smoke weed, in my experiences, become what I consider to be "complacent" or "plateaued". At whatever point in their life they start doing it frequently, you will almost never see them progress past that point, on a fundamental psychological level.
>>
>>18489348
This lines up with a lot of what i read in scientific literature.

Frequent use wreaks havoc on cognitive function. It is one of those things where moderation isnt terrible.

Also consistent with your experience, abstinence from marijuana repairs all the damage rather quickly.
>>
>>18487807
I'm in the same boat. I've seen it bring people down. shit isn't good for your mind and it doesn't let you get to where you could've gone.
>>
>>18490266
'It isn't good for your mind.'

As an occasional weed smoker, lend me an ear briefly. The reason behind the 'pothead' phenomena is that marijuana makes doing 'nothing' an enjoyable experience. While this can obviously be a very detrimental thing, it also leads us to a logical conclusion. If doing literally nothing becomes entertaining when under the influence, then wouldn't interesting things become even more so? I will say confidently that the mental effects of marijuana (in the short term) are more or less universally positive (given that you dose correctly. My favored 'dose' is far below the average consumption these days). I have written music, composed poetry and studied for school countless times stoned, and I always find it a very intellectually fulfilling way to pass a few hours. Stupid people will keenly grasp onto something which allows them to justify their stupidity, and marijuana is one such thing. However, used correctly and by the right people, it can be a very invigorating addition to one's lifestyle.
>>
>>18487807

see >>18490336 also
>>
>>18487807
Chill out and toke up
>>
>>18487807
why anon
its justifiable
dont agree with others just to fit in AND BECOME ANOTHEr ant in the whEel
>>
>>18487807
I used to hate stoners and weed smokers a lot too. I saw them as obnoxious morons who fund crime and rot their own minds taking money from government and doing nothing with their lives.

The realisation I ultimately had was the same as the one a lot of homophobes or the like may have. You have to recognise that there are a lot of good people out there who smoke who you won't know do because they aren't in your face 'dude weed lmao' just like there are many gays who are just regular guys.

Anyone who makes the fact that they smoke weed a major part of their identity and personality is more than likely a piece of shit but there are many who smoke it and don't. I still am pretty strongly against as I believe it is very unhealthy but I respect the rights of people to do it and no longer dislike people who use it but keep it to themselves.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.