[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't come out of the closet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170705-114327.png (74KB, 769x101px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170705-114327.png
74KB, 769x101px
So I'm MTF and most people in my daily life either don't know it or don't acknowledge it. I can't build up the courage to say anything about it, though. Any advice?

(Unrelated pic)
>>
>>18487765
I think you need to break it to them at one point. It's up to you to choose, when. Yes, you will make them confused and some of them will probably distance themselves from you, but there is a good Kurt Cobain for this

>"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
>>
>>18487771
>>>18487765 (OP) (You)
>I think you need to break it to them at one point. It's up to you to choose, when. Yes, you will make them confused and some of them will probably distance themselves from you, but there is a good Kurt Cobain for this
>>"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
I'm scared desu.
>>
Tbh*
>>
>>18487781
I have no idea how you feel, I am the "cis male" so to speak, but I am just guessing that it will eventually come out, and if it comes out too late, it's going to hurt you even more.

If anything, just admit them honestly that you were scared to say this straight up front, because you were afraid of their reaction.
>>
>>18487781
Don't fall for the "coming out" meme. Your better off slowly acting more feminine around them until they get the hint. Humans are very unreceptive to large changes very quickly, but are surprising receptive to large changes very slowly
>>
>>18487811
I'll try that. I actually stopped saying anything when people call me "tranny" because of my long hair.
Maybe I should go a step further.
>>
>>18487765
Do you pass?
>>
>>18487939
Hell no
>>
>>18487765

Do it on your own timeline. My ex-boyfriend is now MTF, so I think that makes her my ex-girlfriend I guess.

I think it's hard -- it probably depends on where you are too. If it's San Francisco, you're fine. If it's the midwest, more ouch. She eventually moved to another country for a fresh start, once she was passable.
>>
>>18487978
>>>18487765 (OP) (You)
>Do it on your own timeline. My ex-boyfriend is now MTF, so I think that makes her my ex-girlfriend I guess.
>I think it's hard -- it probably depends on where you are too. If it's San Francisco, you're fine. If it's the midwest, more ouch. She eventually moved to another country for a fresh start, once she was passable.

Germany.
>>
>>18487765

Why do you need to outwardly state you're a male to female? Why does your previous life even need to be referred to?

If you've had the surgery and identify as a female, that should come across in your mannerisms and physical appearance. The fact you used to be male is irrelevant.

I do not feel the need to state my gender when around people I know because they will be able to see this themselves. This is because I look like my gender, think like my gender and was fortunate enough to be born as my gender. As a transgender individual who has transitioned to the gender they have been desperate to become, neither should you.

The more you identify yourself as mtf, the more damage you will cause yourself. You are now female, that's all there is to it.

Unless of course, you love the attention (which is my experience of most transgender people) and need it to be a talking point all the time. I promise you, nobody (other than maybe the people you are considering sleeping with) care.
>>
>>18488182
Not doing this for attention or I would have already come out publicly
>>
>>18488182

The fact that she used to be male is certainly not irrelevant. Thats just sticking your head in the sand.

Sure not saying she deserves to be ostracized or whatever but to say it doesnt matter spits on the entire situation and its just an act of denial at that point.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.