[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop becoming infatuated with every girl that talks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: images-32.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-32.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
How do I stop becoming infatuated with every girl that talks to me? I feel like it's a big trigger for my depressive episodes. I'm a 23 year old guy. I've had a few girlfriends throughout the years, and several girls I've hooked up with. It's not like I'm a kissless virgin. I'm not even that interested in getting into a relationship. But every time a pretty girl is nice to me, I instantly fall head over heels for her and become obsessed. Especially if I know it's someone I'll never have a chance. It gets to the point where I go insane thinking about her. This needs to stop. Any ideas on what's causing this and how to stop?
>>
>>18487677
>with every girl that talks to me
Wank it off.
>>
It seems that this issue stems from a deeper issue. You should not focus on a problem that another problem causes. That's like a man running around a ship punching holes in the side and you run around filling up the holes, instead of going after the root cause.
>>
>>18487677
It seems also you yearn to be cared for, on a deeper level. Which is a normal feeling that you should have. Maybe instead of asking "how do I change my nature" perhaps look for a middle ground with your nature.

Mayhaps the answer would be to make it clear to the girls right from the get go of this. And still realize that even if they agree to play along, they still have the opportunity to "check out" to stop playing. They do not owe anything to you, you must try to remember that.
It is a partnership, you are not their boss
>>
>>18487704
This actually seems to make it worse.

>>18487708
I agree. I'm not sure which of the many deeper issues it is. I'm guessing it's probably the "mommy issues" and being emotionally abused and neglected my entire life. I instantly get attached to anyone who's nice to me. So what do I do about it anon. Therapy and medication hasn't helped.
>>
>>18487677
I know how you feel, OP. I am a 24-year-old guy from eastern europe, non-virgin too and had several gf's, but then I met a girl about 1,5 year ago during an art school project, and I became infatuated with her. I got along with her, we had a similar kind of personality. She told that she was a barmaid and a DJ at some hipster bar, and I kept visiting that place, partly in hopes to make acquintance with her some more, but eventually I found out that she was above my league, and the guy she was interested in was much more successful than me.

Pic related, the girl I was talking about.

I don't really have a solution. I guess that you should just keep yourself focused on other fish in the sea. Try to find someone, don't be ashamed of your infatuations, eventually, you will find someone worth your while.
>>
>>18487750
Entirely it may be, self reflection is humanity's great medicine that no one employs because it doesn't make moolah.
>>
>>18487677
It means you are lonely and are yearning to be wanted by someone you want or deep attractive/valuable. You either seek companionship, validation of your worth as a person, or both. You need to recognize that these feelings are due to you neglecting your needs, not due to an actual aspect of the girl you are encountering. They probably aren't that special on the whole. You just want someone and on the surface they seem like they are what you need. Go out and fuck some bitches. Or start a relationship. Watch these feelings disappear.
I have had the same problem at various times in my life. Just identifying the cause isn't gonna make it much easier, but it's the first step. Filling that void, for better or worse, and figuring out through trial and error what is good for you and fills that need is what will make it better.
>>
>>18487750
>This actually seems to make it worse
Martial arts are a big courage booster.
Lift, run do something to crush that freak in you.
>>
File: 1375190039443.gif (943KB, 250x162px) Image search: [Google]
1375190039443.gif
943KB, 250x162px
>>18487753
It's nice to know experiences of being male transcends nationalities. We've all done that type of thing.
>>
>>18487773
It's a globalized world we live in, nationalities and that stuff hardly matter anymore. I'm glad you can relate, though. The picture of that girl is kind of hard to share, because I am almost becoming an alcoholic over how shitty and lonely everything is right now, compared to those moments some years ago when I was talking to her. It's not even about the looks, because many girls in this world look nice, but that she had a quirky personality and a good sense of humor, which is quite rare to find in most girls.

What gives me hope, and maybe to you too, is that you should try to remember that if you have experienced positive moments in your life, you know that it's possible to feel positive, and you can strive to feel it in you again.

Another one, she's on the right side. I should stop sharing those pics, it's going to hurt me, lol.
>>
>>18487755
I do a lot of self reflection. I've been working on myself for the past several months. I work away 2 days a week and spend the other 5 by myself doing things to improve myself.

>>18487758

I do yearn to be cared for. I don't necessarily want a relationship, I don't feel ready for one. I just want to feel like somebody loves me. Even more than that, I want someone to accept all the love I have to give. I was never allowed to be affectionate as a child.
>>
>>18487677
I think you want to fuck them and youre way overperceiving it. Possibly because you dont see yourself as "that guy" and morals aside you totally are at your core and you interpret it as love.
>>
>>18487677
>>18487826

Oh and... Me too.

If shes pretty and cool and talks to me i want her forever. Not a virgin, and even have a great gf of 4 years (ive never cheated on, even by flirting with another girl.). Still.

Anyways thats all OP. Between personal experience, like that time i escaped a friendzone and immediately lost interest in the girl after fucking her, and a working knowledge of psych...

Id say youre just a lusty fellow and see yourself as more gentle and dont want to perceive women as meat... So it pops up in your head and feels as love.
>>
>>18487822
So get a fwb. Find a girl you like and fuck her, but make sure she knows you aren't looking to jump into a relationship. Honestly from the sound of it, it appears you do want a relationship though.
>>
>>18487677
I done this too in the past, but gotten a little better, i said you need self discipline. By being needy and similar stuff you just ruin your reputation more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.