[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I contact my ex-friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lonwly.jpg (47KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
lonwly.jpg
47KB, 720x479px
I need an advice what to do about my ex-friend of 5 years. We went to the same uni, worked at the same places, lived together for almost a year. We both grew up in a small town, had to work hard as teenagers to save money for uni and had no financial support from our poor families.
While at uni she started dating multiple guys, I found my boyfriend pretty quickly and settled down. After couple of years she was still single (but happy with it), I was engaged and planning to get married. We both finished uni and started to work in a similar field. I am pretty satisfied with my current salary, but my soon to be husband earns way more than I (or her) do. He's also slightly older than me and very generous, when he finished his studies and went to work he offered to help me financially. He also helped my friend multiple times when she was short of money.
I know that lately she has become quite bitter about some things, among them salaries in our field, costs of living in our city and the fact, that she'd like to finally settle down, but all her dates always turn out to be some assholes who just use her and dump her afterwards. She did complain a lot and I tried to advise her and comfort her, but this one time I've lost my temper. We were out drinking, she had too much alcohol and said some hurtful things like "what possible can you know about hard work when your fiancee pays your bills" or "you call what you do work? It's not work unless you have to support yourself financially" (mind you, we work in the same field, the only difference is that I share my expenses with my fiancee). She also suggested multiple times that I'm marrying my partner just because I'm after his money, which is completely not true, especially when you consider the fact that we've been together long before he started to actually earn money.
>>
I've left her drunk in the pub and went home. It was 4 months ago and she never called. I miss her and every day is a struggle for me not to contact her, but at the same time I feel I am too proud to reach for her when she was the one to attack me and never said sorry. What do you think?
>>
>>18487650
You have to learn to let go of the toxic people in your life, OP. Even when you grow up with them, sometimes it's not good for you to hold on to them forever.

I beg you OP to live your life on your own terms. Even if she knows you well and makes all these remarks, she is obviously living her own life and can't relate to you as much as she should as a good friend. Friends don't do that.

Just find new people in your life who understand you intuitively.
>>
>>18487650
If you keep her in your life she will let her bitterness and envy try and poison your marriage. If SHE can't be happy, then she will make sure YOU'RE not happy. Toxic.
>>
>>18487650
>contact my ex-friend
NEVER, that relationship went bad for a good reason.
>>
>>18487650
You should've attacked her back and not just walked out, this thing could've been over within a week. Just call her, it sounds so childish from her. It's stupid to burn bridges that held that long because of petty shit like that
>>
>>18487650
that is what she gets for not cashing out her lottery ticket during her prime years and riding cock carousel. female sexual market value goes down as you age and nature turns women ugly to prevent men from having children with birth defects.
>>
>>18487699
>>18487716
>>18487718
>18487718
Thanks for your advices. I know it would probably be the best solution, to just forget about her, but she was one of the closest people for me and was supposed to be my bridesmaid. I know if I won't invite her to the wedding this friendship will be definitely over and I still hope she will contact me first. But if she won't, I'd feel terrible organizing wedding without her, we were planning to do it together for so many years. And at the same time I'm worried that even if she would come she'd destroy this day for me, deliberately or not.
>>18487744
I know it sounds stupid, but something inside me dies on the thought that I could call her, ask her to meet me and generally behave like it was my job to fix what she has broken, and that then she would not agree to the meeting and I will be left feeling like a fool.
My fiancee suggested he could call her and tell her that she should fix this friendship, but this solution feels even more childlish to me.
>>18487840
Nah, she's extremely beautiful and intelligent, it's just that she has bad taste in men and finds nice guys boring. I'm cofindent she could seduce almost every men on the planet, but for some reasons she just chooses the ones that only want her for her body. It's her life, though, I've never judged her as long as she was happy, it's just that lately she wasn't.
>>
You left a very drunk woman alone at a pub. How do you know she actually made it home and wasn't raped and murdered by someone?

Anyway, it's possible that she doesn't actually feel the way she was talking, and now is just so embarrassed by her behavior that she can't face you.

It's also possible that her way of dealing with her envy of you is to decide that you're just some shitty person, and aside from taking out all her frustrations with her life out on you, she's decided that she doesn't want you in her life.

No one here really knows.

If you miss your friend and want to see what's up, I would reach out to her.

>>18487935
>I know it sounds stupid, but something inside me dies on the thought that I could call her, ask her to meet me and generally behave like it was my job to fix what she has broken, and that then she would not agree to the meeting and I will be left feeling like a fool.

Well then I guess you already know what you want to do, and I assume you know what you're going to do. So why ask for advice?

You being the one to reach out doesn't make you a fool if you're rebuffed. It makes you someone who valued the friendship and who was willing to reach out to see if it could be salvaged.

If your friend turns out to not actually be your friend, that doesn't reflect poorly on you.
>>
>>18488025
>You left a very drunk woman alone at a pub. How do you know she actually made it home and wasn't raped and murdered by someone?

I did, but mind you she's the kind of person who'd go out nearly every night and get drunk alone in pubs. It was nothing new for her, and it happened before that I came home early and she stayed to meet other people. I'm not saying it's a good habit to have, but it was nothing we haven't done before, only this time we were fighting.
And I know she's fine because she's posting stuff on Facebook like everyday.

I haven't already made a decision. I have my doubts, that's why I've posted here. You did make some good points I will think about. I know that it's nothing wrong with reaching out to the friend, but at the same time I'm afraid there is a line where it's not anymore about being a good friend, but it's becoming very clear that I'm the only person who cares. And I don't want to be that kind of friend. Maybe I'm too proud and too self-conscious. I have to think about it. I want her back in my life, but I don't want to be the only person who puts any kind of effort in this relationship.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.