[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drugs and dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/. I am a pretty frequent drug user and I am worried about how to deal with it when I'm with someone. I have been smoking weed since I was 12, first drug I tried was DMX when I was 11, I fucked with acid and 25i heavy in highschool, did shrooms, have played with ketamine a handful of times, did xanax heavy for a while during and after high school (really not my drug of choice these days, it's like a high without a high), fuck with oxy and heroin on-and-off (short binges that avoid addiction) and I've been smoking a decent amount of crack (uppers aint my bag so I can pick it up and put it down pretty easily). Also I get drunk pretty much every day.
Now, my last relationship was with someone who had parents who were both addicts. She became addicted to xanax (I did NOT introduce her to the drug, she was developing an emotional dependence to it before we met, following the breakup with her ex who introduced her to it) and I feel like even though I tried to get her away from that shit when I realized what was going on, I couldn't say no to her and I might have enabled her a bit. I did eventually help her get clean, so there is that, but I had to lie and say I only smoke weed and drink now. That relationship is over for mostly unrelated reasons. But idk looking to the future idk what to do.
>cont.
>>
>>18487646
>cont.
I'm an honest person and I'm not ashamed of doing drugs. I like snorting heroin on occasion. I like smoking crack once in a while. I drink regularly. I'm not addicted to any of it. I didn't touch opiates from november to june, no problem. I quit drinking for a month or two when my parents thought I was an alcoholic. No issues. Yeah it sucked, I had that voice in my head begging me to take a drink, but I just smoked some weed and went about my day to prove I didn't need it. When I heard that voice telling me to get more dope, I thought to myself this is how you become a junkie and didn't touch it for months. Yeah I wanted it, but so what? Willpower. Crack has the most intense short-term craving and sometimes I'll buy a 20 bag, smoke it then go get another, but I don't use it regularly and I've kept it that was for a long time.
So this isn't about me. But I know this drug use is a symptom of an unhappiness deep in my person. And while the drugs are a lot of fun and I love them, I don't want to see the person I want to be with sad and unfulfilled, filling their life with drugs because they are around me and the option arises.
I like getting high and on a base level I do want to enjoy that with the people around me, but I don't want to hurt anyone.
I'm an honest person and I don't want to lie to people about my use. I know not to tell girls I just met I snort dope and smoke hard, but I don't want to have to hide it in a relationship either. Idk. I'm just confused about how I should tackle this in the future, because I want someone and I want to be good for them, but I know my habits are seductive and not manageable for most people. I just don't want to stop getting faded. But I want to know how to draw a healthy line for my love life in the future.
>>
>>18487646
>>18487648
Any anons out there who use heavy and keep that separate in most regards from their relationship? Anyone with advice? Of any kind? Other than just saying get sober, that's not really helpful, I could ask anyone on the street and they would tell me that. Plus I don't plan on getting sober.
>>
>>18487646
Bumping for answers... I'm not some junkie tool looking for attention, this is really weighing heavy on my mind right now.
>>
>>18487646
/adv/ pls respond
>>
>tfw no one gives a fuck about your issue
>>
>>18487646
Don't do drugs, go to rehab, go to AA meetings, do all those steps, do everything just get clean then focus on dating
>>
>>18487757
I mean I can stop, I don't want to. I want to know how to reconcile my lifestyle with a healthy relationship.
I am not unstable or unpredictable. I am a college student with a full-time sales job. I have a car. I have a good social life. The drugs aren't posing a problem for me in my life, other than that other people stigmatize me for the things I use and I sometimes suffer socially for that. And that I can't bring people into the things I use without setting myself up to be responsible for corrupting someone who had a chance at a good life.
>>
>>18487757
>>18487770
And before you say "oh 'I can stop I just don't want to' haha bs that's what they all say," that isn't the question I asked. I don't plan to stop using drugs, so I guess one could say that I can't stop (doesn't really matter, I am not going to stop at this point in my life). The question is how do I handle the truth of my life in a romantic scenario.
>>
>>18487776
>I don't plan to stop using drugs,
WELL FUCK YOU THEN!
YOU'RE FUCKED!
>>
>>18487785
There is no strategy or anything to incorporate drug use into a healthy relationship without turning everyone away or pulling your loved one into something they may not be able to handle?
>>
>>18487785
I find this answer to be such bs, I didn't make to this thread looking for a way to stop using drugs. I came here to see what I can do to reconcile my drug use with a healthy relationship with a girl who isn't a sad person who fills their emptiness with drugs.
>>
No one? Seriously?
>>
You're asking how a hopped up junkie can lead a healthy romantic relationship with a girl

Are you REALLY that shocked that you're not getting serious responses?

You can't.

Even if you find another hopped up junkie girl you're both still psychologically too fucked for anything of value to spawn of it and you'll both end up throwing each other under the bus in favor of your little addictions

Besides, you ask us how to lead a healthy relationship while you're a junkie as though you've crossed the first hurdle - Getting a girl in the first place.

No one is going to be stupid enough to get with you. And if they do then guess what? She's retarded and probably more fucked up than you are.

There, that's your serious reply for this thread.
>>
>>18487975
I mean I just got out of a relationship with a girl, soooo the point about no one being stupid enough to be with me isn't true.
And I am not physically addicted to any drug except nicotine, not even adderall which I take every day and have taken as such for years.
>>
>>18487975
>>18488125
I just want to be able to draw the line more healthily... I don't invite my s/o to do hard drugs like dope/painkillers or crack with me, but idk I let my last girl go too far with xanax. I can't control her, but I feel that my attitude toward drugs and ability to function and avoid addiction while taking hard drugs may have contributed to the normalization of her xanax habit.
I am not a junkie. I snort dope occasionally, I mean like every few months I'll buy a bun and go ham for a day or two.
The crack I've only smoked like 8 or so times since october (first got it, tried to buy soft and forgot to squeeze the pack, it was rock, figured fuck it why not). I'm not an addict I just dabble in addictive drugs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.