[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write the perfect resume/CV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: JmYDC6K.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
JmYDC6K.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
How do I write the perfect resume/CV?
I've been looking for work for a year and a half now without any luck, I'm nearing homeless and need all the help I can get
>>
>>18487639
The absolutely perfect CV would be individually customized for each job, presenting you in ways that best fit that job.

This is usually just a matter of cutting and pasting within a template - e.g., putting your sales experience first for a retail job, your tech knowledge first for a tech job.

It could mean that you interpret each job differently. Let's say one job involved a little customer contact and occasional training of newbies. For one kind of job you'd stress the one in describing the job, for another, the other

If you can't be bothered making a fresh CV for each application (a big mistake) at least have one tech-stressing one, one sales-stressing one, etc..
>>
>>18487639
>If you can't be bothered making a fresh CV for each application
I'm mass spam my CV in the entire country to try and find any work, so I can't make individual CVs for jobs. I've sent in 400 CVs today alone.
>>
I am the best at this!
Close to 100% i get an interview.
But I Also spend a lot of time on every application, I rewrite my CV and Introduction letter for every job.
>currently looking for something better actually.

First of what are your earlier experiences and education?
>>
>>18487775
And what kind of jobs are you applying for?
>>
>>18487775
>>18487784
I've done mostly shop work and sales(like best buy)
I took two years of Uni(to learn the language of the country I was moving to) and did Psychology.
I\m literally applying for everything, mcdonalds, retail stores, anything
>>
>>18487791
Well, My CV has a linear system of both experience and education: Last to first timeline style.

I write it like this:
>[job title]
>[company name] [Reference: Name, title and phonenr]
>[Skills utiliezed in the role:list style:]
-skill1
-skill2
-skill3
-skill4
-And so on
[description of my role at X company in flowing text]

> next experience

Same principle in education.
>>
get a copy of What Color is your Parachute? and download some CV books online too, you need to know the difference between chronological and functional CVs depending on the job you're going for and your own background.

worry about the design and layout once you've gotten the content and structure down first.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.