[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a few opinions, preferably those of a femanon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Lotus.jpg (99KB, 1200x879px) Image search: [Google]
Lotus.jpg
99KB, 1200x879px
I'm looking for a few opinions, preferably those of a femanon, here's the situation:

I took up yoga 18 months ago and fast became infatuated with my teacher. I put it to one side because I wanted to keep her as a teacher and was enjoying my journey into yoga.
Inevitably with time we became more acquainted to the point we would regularly talk after classes about our lives or the latest books we were reading and we even exchanged food that we had cooked/grown ourselves.

I decided recently that I was willing to risk losing her as a teacher to pursue a relationship with her and also that my infatuation had grown to the point that it would be inappropriate to keep attending her classes. My plan was to ask her out when my studio membership expired last night.

I managed to get her one on one after class, but I choked and before I knew it, I had walked to her to her car and said goodbye. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I've already told her I was going to try another studio for a while and I'm not sure what the best way is to reach her and ask her out now....(cont)
>>
continued

As I see it my options are as follows:

>1) Go back to on of her classes and try again.

A little awkward since I already told her I was going elsewhere and it would mean sitting through at least one hour which is a much an exercise in lust-suppression as it is a yoga class. Also, with the number of people there's no guarantee I'll get to see her one on one right away without lingering around desperately. But at least I would get to see her face to face which is probably ideal for this kind of thing.

>2) I had intended on sending her a thank you card for her tutelage, infatuation aside. I could also attach a short letter basically detailing that I would regret disappearing without first asking her out for at least a coffee.

This could be seen as a cop-out but I think I could do it tastefully without any professions of undying love and I think she is the type who may find it endearing.

>3) I could phone her.

But the number is from her website for clients and she has never given it to me personally nor has she mentioned the website so I feel that this is a bit creepy, though that could be overlooked after a few moments of conversation.

>4) Creepier still, I could "accidentally" bump into her at one of the places I know she takes some classes but at least she might buy it as a genuine chance encounter.

There's probably something I haven't considered or a potential refinement to those options. I'm all ears. Personally, I am leaning towards option 2.
>>
>>18487424
>>18487446

Just because you are into her, doesn't mean she is into you. Do you even think she is interested?
>>
>>18487920
She's 37 and I'm 27 so I'm not sure how seriously in her head she has thought of me like that, but I think she certainly likes me enough that she would entertain the possibility of a few dates.

That small age gap and the fact that she must have been approached by guys from classes more than a few times are a couple of knocks on my confidence that have contributed to choking so far.
>>
>>18487944

What do you know about her dating situation?
>>
>>18487963
Well, she's never said explicitly but I'm 95% sure she's single. Whenever we talk about our weekends she's always talking about meeting her girlfriends or family or taking her dogs out. I happen to know she got divorced back in 2015 as well.
>>
>>18488015

Ok, so here's my take on this. I'm a man, by the way, in case you care:

She is ten years older. Sure, it's not the same as 15 to 25, but it's still something to take into account.

I have the personal number of several of my professors from uni. Yet you don't have hers. She also fails to mention relationships when talking to you. If you ask me, she is not thinking about you that way at all.

You have no reason to believe she is interested. Asking her out is more about you getting it off your chest than about actually completing a flirting process.

You need to come up with a way to even have a shot at asking her. When you need to force it, it's usually not a good idea.

So I'd say you shouldn't do it. Stories like this one are what makes us guys look like creeps and women keep their guard up around us.
>>
Grill here. I think you sound quite personable and charming, and I reckon she thinks so too given the prolonged interactions.

I think sending her a thank you note with a coffee invitation sounds the best bet. It doesn't even have to be explicitly romantic: you clearly like spending time with her so do so again w/ coffee, then invite her out for a drink and if it feels right kiss her. If not you've got a cool new friend.
>>
>I took up yoga 18 months ago and fast became infatuated with my teacher.
Stopped reading here. Never gonna happen.

Update: I read the whole post. She's DEFINITELY never gonna go out with you. Please work on improving your personality.
>>
>>18488029
I'll bite on your negativity...

>I have the personal number of several of my professors yet you don't have hers
I haven't been making a concerted effort for very long to get her number nor have I felt the need to until now. Well done for getting your professors' number though!

>She fails to mention relationships when talking to you
Because she has none? If she was dating someone she'd have surely mentioned by now. Why would she hide that anyway? She told me about her divorce and mentions every other thing she gets up to at the weekend.

>You have no reason to believe she is interested
There's reason to think it's at least feasible. She's always been very kind, attentive and occasionally flirty with me.

>Asking her out is more about you getting it off your chest than actually completing a flirting process.
This is true. While there has been occasional flirting on/off it not an ongoing thing that feels like it needs a natural conclusion at this moment in time.

However, I'm committed to make some kind of play. I just wanted to see what people thought would be the best way to go about it.

>>18488039
Yeah, I don't plan on pouring my heart out. Just a chance to take it out of the yoga studio and see what happens. Thanks.

>>18488041
Care to explain why? What is it about my personality that you think needs improving?
>>
>>18488176
>Well done for getting your professors' number though!

I didn't mean it that way. That's the point. Instructors share their number with students. If one doesn't, it might very much be because she is actively keeping a distance. And if she was interested, it wouldn't be weird to just share it. That's my point.

>She's always been very kind, attentive

She is a teacher, that's just good business.

>and occasionally flirty with me.

How? It's a physical class, of course she is gonna touch you.

>However, I'm committed to make some kind of play.

I know. And I can see your reasoning. I'm just trying to point out that the fact that you like her is clouding your judgement.

But for what it's worth, don't do 3) nor 4). Those are creepy. Good luck. Don't say you weren't warned.
>>
Eh, fuck the haters anon. Just go for it. What do you have to lose? She might not be ready for another relationship yet or might not see you that way but at least she'd entertain a date with you as a way to get back into the scene. What's more, if you don't ask her, you'll regret it for the rest of your life and won't be able to live with yourself. You've gotta know for sure. ASK.
>>
>>18488196
Fair enough. If she was trying to keep a distance though, I don't think she'd have engaged with me this much so far. There's just been no need to exchange numbers 'til now.

I won't deny that my liking her can cloud my judgement but I have tried so hard to account for this already. Sometimes I think that I have tried too hard and have ignored some cues from her in the past.

How has she been flirty with me?
She touches me a lot when we're talking outwith the classes and is always smiling and laughing at my remarks, even mediocre ones. She's mentioned a few times that she wasn't doing anything at the weekend which may have been a cue for me to ask her out but this was before I felt comfortable pursuing her in earnest.

You're absolutely right that it's good business for her to be like that and I think it's just her nature which makes it hard to tell how much of it is special attention but combined with the way we click during our conversations I think there is some kind of potential there.

OK, 4 was always a non-starter I feel and I didn't feel great about 3 either but it has the advantage over 2 that it gets an open dialogue with her. But I think I'm still firmly with option 2.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>18488255
Don't worry. I'm 100% going to ask (although I said that last night and choked).

I'm just seeking a little advice on the best way to go about it given the situation.
>>
You lack balls and by over-thinking this, you're just making it more difficult for yourself to find them.

If she likes you and has an interest, it doesn't matter what approach you take. She'll be happy regardless because she'd like to spend time with you.

You don't need to confess your feelings or explain yourself. You just need to ask her out for coffee.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.