[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low self-esteem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483746787487.png (358KB, 552x543px)
1483746787487.png
358KB, 552x543px
How do you guys pretend you're hot shit? I get anxious over the smallest things, and have been stuck in neetdom for at least 2 months because I don't have the confidence to apply for a job or internship, I keep thinking my portfolio is too mediocre for anything.
>>
>>18487399
You have to think your hot shit. The constant thoughts you think everyday translate to your actions and emotions
>>
>>18487399
i have low self esteem to strangers, and i'm anxious in front of people i don't see every day.
You can't pretend you're hot shit.
i tried it, it doesn't last long.
just accept your fate and pray that god will have mercy on you.
>>
>>18487439
listen to this anon, your thoughts and your self perception will translate into how others see you. If you're confident, not cocky, but confident, it'll come off as that. Don't listen to >>18487441 because he's a faggot.
>>
>>18487399
You have to suck it up and take inevitable failures at the beginning. Most of life in getting things beyond your current capacity requires the ability to desensitize yourself to criticism and simply persevere in spite of your troubles.
>>
>>18487492
How do I make sure I come off as confident and not cocky, especially in this field(design) where I have to pretend my work is good? Even typing a simple about profile is difficult for me, any attempt at presenting myself just makes me cringe when I proofread it.
>>
>>18487441
That's retarded. Everything comes down to practice.
>>
>>18487525
Well, you aren't the only one buddy. Everyone has issues with themselves, because only they know a lot of the flaws they have. More critical of the person in the mirror and all that. I make profiles and portfolios and shit and it makes me cringe, but it doesn't affect my self confidence.

Just be a little bit more outward in conversations, try to be funny, make others laugh and make yourself noticed. If you want to be confident in your field, just make products that you like, don't stop until you really like it. If you can't, accept that you did the best that you could. Don't beat yourself up over it, and move on.
>>
>>18487525
Look at it like this. What your doing isn't working right? Try literally anything else and you will get a different outcome. Trial and error anon. Look up stuff on the internet about this stuff. Read up gain some knowledge and try it. If it doesn't work try something else. The real test is how bad you want it.
>>
>>18487525
Do you genuinely believe your work is good? Are you good at your job or not? It's not an "ego" thing at this point, dude. If you're asking people to pay you for a service, you should have confidence in your competence.
>>
>>18487525
You shouldn't go around telling people "I'M REALLY GREAT AT THIS SHIT," assume that your work will speak for itself, and people can form their own opinions on it.

For something like a profile/self-description, just type a brief paragraph about your background, education, accomplishments, then another brief paragraph describing your preferred style & creative strengths. Just give people an idea of what kind of jobs they should hire you for, what kind of work they should expect from you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.