[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Single Mothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Hey /adv/. I'm considering getting into a serious relationship with a woman who has children. We're both quite young, 22 years old. The fact that she has kids doesn't bother me, as I want children, but not my own. I want to end my bloodline due to a family history of severe health and psychiatric issues. But I still want to joy and responsibility of raising kids. My issue is that I don't know if I'm ready yet. I'm only 22, but I feel much older. My mother kicked me out at age 12 and I'e been taking care of myself ever since. I lived with friends through high school, but paid my own way through everything via drug dealing. I've now been at the same job for 2 years, and I could see it becoming my career if I'm comfortable being at lower-middle class. I have my own house and car already. I feel like I'm in my 30s. All of my friends are well into their 30s. Basically I'm financially stable and mentally mature, but accept the fact that I am still basically a kid even though I don't feel like one. I like this girl and her kids seem cool. I feel ready, but I know I shouldn't be. Any thoughts or advice on any or all of this?
>>
How long have you been with this girl?
>>
>>18487310
You outline a lot of traps that you can potentially fall into. It sounds like you want to have a family to make up for your own bad childhood. From my experience, single mothers can be very manipulative and she could use this desire against you. On that note, single mothers are also usually on the prowl for stable, provider types with money. Make sure she isn't just interested in your house, car and money. You're also young, and perhaps inexperienced with how manipulative women and especially single mothers can be.
>>
>>18487310

What's wrong with you anon? You seem like a functioning adult to me. I don't understand why you want to end your own bloodline. Could part of this be confidence issues?
>>
>>18487310

Cuck
>>
>>18487310
Single mothers at that age are characterized by poor judgment, poor decision making, and sometimes have personality flaws that makes them very very difficult to be with.

If someone seems pretty great, I would be willing to date, but I would take it slow before deciding to be "serious" with her (which to me means making some sort of commitment to her), and very slow before accept any responsibility for taking care of her and the kids.

If she's in a position where she needed immediate help from me to supporting herself and her kids, that would be an automatic no to the relationship, but I'd probably help her navigate the local social services structure for assistance.

>>18487390
Did you not read

>due to a family history of severe health and psychiatric issues.

This is the same reason why I decided not to have kids. My brother gave it a shot, and as much as I love my niece and nephew, they have obvious emotional problems and sometimes I worry that my nephew is going to turn out to be a sociopath.
>>
>>18487444
What kind of psychiatric issues though. How likely.
>>
>>18487455
Why do you think that OP needs your permission before deciding what he's willing or not willing to pass along to offspring?
>>
>>18487466

Why do you feel the need to be a condescending bitch?
>>
File: Interacial_Pussy_Licking.jpg (58KB, 398x470px) Image search: [Google]
Interacial_Pussy_Licking.jpg
58KB, 398x470px
Sorry OP for the troubles you've had in your life. You had to deal with a lot of shit.

With that said, you are not in the least mature or ready to take on raising a family in my opinion. You said you dealt drugs for and now have a job that you've kept for two years and are comfortable living out a lower-middle class life. That is not maturity. That's the mark of a person being complacent with their shitty living situation, rather than trying to move up.

You have a stable job, so that means you likely have a semi-stable income. Go back to school. Get educated. Make some serious money. Families are expensive. Having money is an invaluable resource to enrich your life and your family's life. Don't settle for a shitty lower class life. Do you think your life would've turned out the same way if you had been born rich?

cont
>>
File: 39EW8M6.jpg (532KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
39EW8M6.jpg
532KB, 1836x3264px
>>18487487

cont

Secondly, speaking of your family. The whole issue of you not wanting to have your bloodline die out. It just communicates hatred towards your family and narrow mindedness. Psychiatric issues aren't necessarily congenentive. Most of the time they're systemic given someone's living situation. Considering that you were kicked out at a young age and now have this desire to let your bloodline die out, you clearly weren't in a super great situation. Do you really think with the insights and life experiences you have now that you would allow your children to grow up the same way?

You seem like a good enough person with a good head on your shoulders, but I think you still have a lot of resentment and distaste for your family that is skewing your judgment and ambitions in life. I'm not trying to project or warp your perceptions of what's important in life, but there's a reason that tons of people go to school to get educated and make more than $14/hr for the rest of their lives living pay check to pay check.

Also, realize that there is a separation between yourself and your family. Although you are related by biologically, you are in no way the same person as them. You're able to start your own life and your own family
>>
>>18487466

It's an advice thread anon. I'm asking OP because maybe there's a chance he can have his own kids after all, maybe he doesn't have to "end his bloodline". Sometimes it's good to have a second opinion. If I'm wrong and his kid has a 99% chance of being as autistic as you then he can tell me and no harms been done.
>>
>>18487310
FUCK OFF LOSER!
>>
>>18487310
Putting aside how dumb I think you are for saying you're mentally mature while talking about ending your bloodline like you're some nigga from Naruto...

Sure go for it.
If (You) want the kids there really shouldn't be much of an issue. Just watch out for the breakneck speeds of the mother trying to advance the relationship stupid fast to the point where she has moved into your house,kids and all, within like a month of dating. The relationship between the two of you is probably going to become strained too quite fast as well if you let her in too fast as she'll quickly realize that the kids were(If you're taking full responsibility for them) or are(If you aren't taking full responsibility) the things blocking out her happiness in romance.
>>
>>18487310
Or you can open up a foster home.
>>
OP here. Sorry for lack of response. I'm at work at the moment. I've been casually dating her for a few months. She is independent. She has her own place and car, and she works full time. I know how manipulative single mothers can be, I was raised by one. As far as psychiatric issues, I cope fairly well, but I'm far from okay. My father was schizophrenic, my mother is clinically depressed and bi polar and extremely violent, as is her brother. This has been the trend in my mother's side of the family for generations. On my dad's side, his mother was depressed and an anxious mess, his father had bouts of psychosis (believed he was royalty and an heir to some kingdom). He was also emotionally distant. All of the relatives in my father's generation and the generation after have been major drug abusers for their entire lives. Generally everybody in my family is a shitty person and emotionally fucked. I turned out somewhat alright so far because of being in therapy from age 4 until age 16 when I started refusing. And living with friends who were more normal through high school taught me what normal people and families were like. I got out of using drugs some time ago. I've been working real jobs since I graduated, slowly moving my way up. I'm already doing better than anyone in my family ever has. I still feel like a worthless piece of shit though, I'm still chronically depressed and emotionally unstable, but I've learned how to cope enough to function. I know most of my issues are hereditary, and I don't feel right bringing children into the world knowing they'll hate themselves as much as I hate myself. Got a lot more to add, but lunch break is about over.
>>
>>18487738
Well at least you have a job and experience whether it being good or bad. My mom just wants me to be sheltered.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.