/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

possible narcissist partner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: finnish dr suess.png (2KB, 352x472px) Image search: [Google]
finnish dr suess.png
2KB, 352x472px
i dont usually go to /adv/ so i'm not sure what type of response i'll recieve since this is 4chan but here goes

>be me
>20, male
>be having relapse of MDD the past few months
>not relying too much on others to cope so i don't force my issues onto others
>open up about it to girlfriend of 2 years
>she becomes cold, doesn't wanna know, just gives me the cold "bee urself anon XD" advice that people bestow when they need to change the subject
>accept this response, maybe i'm just being selfish

>fastforward a month and a half
>she knows im having suicidal thoughts and struggling with the death of someone close to me
>literally says she wishes her issues were as easy as mine because she had to take 2 exams that werent even hard
>be taken aback and offended by this but dont escalate it
>she tells me shes booked a 2 week holiday and wont be talking to me
>i ask if she can reschedule as it clashes with 3 events i'd already planned and paid for to take us
>she'd promised to go with me as i'm always doing what she wants to do and finally wanted to do what i wanna enjoy
>she refuses
>flies out halfway across the world leaving me suicidal, alone, unable to refund 3 very expensive events despite having a terrible financial situation and on the verge of overdosing on my pain meds because all my friends and her are out of town

am i in the wrong or is she? i just want to know if im being a little bitch or if shes selfish

pic unrelated obviously
>>
I'd run from a needy little bitch with a tendency to guilt trip like you.
Jesus Christ get a load of yourself.
>>
>>18487122
i literally give her everything she wants from me for 2 years and i suffer one mental breakdown and she runs a mile

it might seem like i'm needy now but i work so she can play and study "fine art"
>>
>>18487109
>3 very expensive events despite having a terrible financial situation

You're a fucking moron. You value your entertainment over being financially responsible? You're begging to have a shitty, stressful life.

>>18487138
What, you're paying for her schooling or to support her? Despite (or it's causing) your "terrible financial situation"? What the fuck. Have a contract with her where she's going to pay you back once she finishes school?

>am I in the wrong or is she? i just want to know if im being a little bitch or if shes selfish

Is it impossible that the answer is "both"?

We're only getting your side of the story. This may be her being a shitty partner because she's a shitty person. This may be a shitty way of dealing with something she doesn't know how to cope with. Or it may be her having lost all her fucks and trying to preserve her sanity in dealing with a nutbag who routinely uses implied or explicit threats of self-harm to emotionally blackmail her.

You're not actually asking for advice on how to improve anything. It looks like you're here looking for ammunition to use against her. How is that useful to you, instead of looking to deal with your "MDD" and fucked up financial condition?
>>
>>18487219
jesus christ dude i dont threaten her with self harm, i'm in therapy right now because i had a traumatic upbringing and have flashbacks and shit that make me have intrusive suicidal thoughts, thats what i meant by that

im paying for her lifestyle because i feel as if thats what a good man should do, she may or may not take advantage of that but now that she promised months in advance to attend these 3 events with me and then last second left me with 300 GBP down the drain after we agreed on it is making me wonder why i do

the answer may be both but i think i mustve given a really bad example of how i am
>>
as soon as a girl said that she's going on holiday without me i'd dump her, plain and simple, fuck that cunt.
>>
That's pretty cold, anon. I'd personally leave anyone who treats my mental issues like this. I don't think I could ever trust her again after this.
>>
>>18487235
Do you know what the word "may" means?

You're apparently paying for a lifestyle that you cannot afford. That is not what a good man does. That's what an idiot does. It doesn't show you care, it shows that you're an irresponsible moron. Understanding this and fixing it should be your absolute, highest priority.

What are you actually looking for here?

Like I wrote earlier, it really looks like you're looking for ammunition for a fight. Fuck everyone else's opinion, YOU really don't know whether or not her behavior is how YOU want someone you're in a relationship with to behave?

You're not certain if it's "ok"?

If you're in therapy, why haven't you asked your therapist?
>>
>>18487287
i'm just a bit lost on whats right or wrong here

what can i change about my situation? like you said im being financially irresponsible and im noting that

i dont like fights to be honest, i'm very non-confrontational thats why she can walk all over me so easily, i don't put up any resistance and she can take advantage

i've asked my therapist and i got one opinion from a professional about my relationship and financial situation but i also wanted to ask here

i don't like to go off one person's view of things
>>
>>18487287
also for further clarification, it may seem like nitpicking her to be how i want her to act, but i love her for who she is and up until she started being so cold to me everything as going great

she dismisses me so easily, she refuses to address any issues in our relationship, she wont talk to me or even acknowledge me unless im acting happy
>>
>>18487309
>i'm just a bit lost on whats right or wrong here

Really? You have zero idea of how you'd like to be treated? You need other people to tell you what you want and how to live your life?

>i don't put up any resistance and she can take advantage

Because her taking advantage is what you want?

>i don't like to go off one person's view of things

Why not? And also why don't you want "to go" off your own view of things?

>>18487319
>i love her for who she is and up until she started being so cold to me everything as going great

Being "so cold" to you when you're depressed is who she is. If you love her for who she is, what's the problem?

>she dismisses me so easily, she refuses to address any issues in our relationship, she wont talk to me or even acknowledge me unless im acting happy

Again. This is who she is. Why are you acting like you're not ok with this if you love who she is?

Seems to me like you're lying to yourself. It also seems to me that you encourage her to take advantage of you and to not give a fuck about you. And that seems like what she's doing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.