[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets get deep /adv/ How do you find happiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault-1.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Lets get deep /adv/

How do you find happiness?
>>
When you remove suffering and pain, what remains must be what is called happiness.
>>
>>18486513
How do you remove pain and suffering?
>>
>>18486513
without suffering and pain you can never hope to achieve inner happiness.
>>
>>18486523
Well, a lot of people believe that life can't exist without suffering/pain. So... kys?
>>
>>18486508
I am writing a book snd every single line of it makes me happy, guess you gotta find happiness besides of humans for it to prevail
>>
>>18486508
suffering is a consequence of craving, delusion and eversion. The fires of the mental toxicities are burning within almost all of us. The mission in your life is therefore to not feul these fires. Once you go long enough without feeding these causes of suffering they shall surely begin to smoulder, then eventually they will extinguish all together.

I recommend practicing concentration meditation because this will allow you to identify these mental toxins for what they truly are, mere transitory bodily sensations that ebb and flow.
You can't control the waves my dear anon but you can learn how to surf them.
Choices in a meditators life are easy, engage in things that cultivate awareness and refrain from things that don't.

Peace upon you.
>>
>>18486508
I don't know true happiness, i just throw myself into escapism like video games and anime
>>
>>18486591
shut the fuck up you babbling fool.
>>
i find happines by making friends then losing them due to my self destructing behaviors Then i get drunk or stoned as fuck
>>
>>18486611
no
>>
That's not deep.
>>
Well, get rid of need, cravings and wants. Accept yourself and where you are now, enjoy the day for what it is, not what it can or could be.
>>
>>18486508
What do you mean by happiness? Do you mean how to be happy all the time or how to be happy at all?
And how happy are we talking about here? Constant highest bliss or just never sad?
>>
>>18486508
Happiness is multi-faceted. Many thing go into happiness. Look at Maslovs Pyramid, to get a better idea of what is needed to attain happiness.
>>
File: IMG_0416.jpg (528KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.jpg
528KB, 1080x1920px
This is just a personal opinion, but... you dont.
Happiness isn't a state of being, it's an emotion. The things that bring you joy come and go.
Happiness is getting lost in a moment, having so much fun you lose track of the time, or spending time with people you love.
It's a complex feeling, maybe even a combination or spectrum of feelings, and like all other feelings, it doesn't last forever.
But I think you can find it anywhere, really. For a while
>>
You don't. Happiness is a facade, its worthless.
>>
>>18486508
You already have it. Nothing has meaning but the meaning you give it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.