[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you talk about with coworkers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: miki.png (60KB, 217x230px) Image search: [Google]
miki.png
60KB, 217x230px
What do you talk about with coworkers?
>>
Depends on who the coworker is. Some I just talk to about work, others are more like friends.
>>
>>18486303

My coworkers have become some of my closest friends over time, but assuming you don't know them that well, play it safe. Sports, how are the wife and kids, did you see X on TV, YouTube, whatever, a movie you saw over the weekend or they saw... basically that.

Delve deeper though, when you get the chance.
>>
>>18486303
If it's not about work, then people usually talk about hobbies, family and entertainment.
>>
Coworkers mostly complain so just complain about shit and agree with their complaints
>>
>>18486303
I work at a camp so we mostly just talk about our kids.

>>18486390
This works well in many, many places.
>>
>>18486390
this lol

But yeah, basically any safe topic that's relevant until you know what you can and cannot say to them to avoid them getting you fired.

>Go to new job orientation at corporate
>"Under no circumstances are you ever to discuss politics or other touchy subjects"
>Go to actual job location for training
>Literally 30 seconds into my training manager training me: "Man you see this new Trump shit? Something new every day let's discuss political philosophy while we clean the drains"
>me: lol

Some people are more ballsy, or at least managers don't give a fuck because it's not like you actually have any power anyway.
>>
>>18486390
Protip: this works for college classes as well. I swear the only reason I made friends in college was a mutual agreement from every student in the class that the teacher was by far the worst teacher any of us had ever seen and our shared awe that she was still employed (Spoiler: she had tenure so she no longer had to do her job to keep it)
We'd all sit in the common room outside the classroom 5 minutes after it was supposed to begin but she hadn't shown up yet to unlock the door and it'd just take one person to go "You think she's gonna actually do anything important today?" For that common room to turn into a beer hall, with all us shooting the shit and acting like we've all been life long friends lol.
>>
>>18486400
>I work at a camp so we mostly just talk about our kids.
I'm a teacher so same. It's usually never flattering either either.
"Student X would not shut the fuck up once my whole goddamn class"
"Fuck I have that kid in my 5th hour, he's fucking obnoxious I sat him in the back of the room just so he'd be as far from me as possible"
"Lol I did the same thing with Student Y, but because she smells like she took a bath in shitty Hollister perfume every morning"
"Fucking christ I'm not the only one ok. I'm about to send Y to the locker rooms to shower I'm losing my mind she reeks so bad."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.