[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anticipatory grief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (16KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
16KB, 439x335px
I don't have anyone to talk to irl about this, I don't want to burden my friends or my sister.

My grandfather is dying and my grief is overwhelming me. He's overseas and my parents have flown over already, but I can only book my flights and get leave from work once he passes... which makes me especially sad since I can only be there for the funeral.

He was on dialysis and adrenaline but became unconscious on Saturday. My family who are there have made the decision to stop treatments and he's expected to pass some time this week.

I don't really know how to deal with this as the only other time someone I knew passed away was in 2001, when I was 6

Hoping for some tips (?) on how to deal with all the emotions
>>
Writing that out kind of made me feel better, but every time I try to talk about it in person, I start crying involuntarily
>>
>>18486197
it will get better with time
i imagine this must be very painful for you you were probably very close with your grandfather, i hope you find solace in knowing he lived a good life
>>
>>18486190
My father passed in April, just take it day by day. You're going to have days, maybe weeks, where everything feels fine then suddenly it'll hit you again. Talk about it when you ready, I too found it easier to talk online then in person. Try to remember the good times - not the time he was sick.
>>
>>18486190
Been in a similar situation with only having very few deaths of those close to me. I think I was severely depressed for a few weeks after the death. For me, no one thing in particular was able to ease the pain. However, what I did make sure to do was maintain my daily routines. One reason is because if I kept my mind active on something (work or whatever), I wouldn't have as much time to fixate on the death and be saddened. Second reason is that, while it was tempting to take sick days, I knew no good would come from me being depressed around the house.

>I can only book my flights and get leave from work once he passes... which makes me especially sad since I can only be there for the funeral.
Dickish on their part. Not that I know your schedule or how tight money is but is it possible for you to take leave without pay?
>>
>>18486204
>>18486217
>>18486259
Thank you for your kind words and advice, I'll be keeping these things in mind when it gets hard

I can't go back earlier as the time between the death and funeral is still to be decided, and realistically I can only get a week off from work. The only consolation is that almost all of my other family is there already, so he will have many loved ones around
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.