[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats ur experiences with anti depressants is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Whats ur experiences with anti depressants is it worth it?
>>
I have a short fuse, they help with it. A lot.
>>
I posted in the scuicide thread same info-
Back when I was going to off myself I decided to try and get better.

I took Prozac to get myself on track back when I wasn't eating, couldn't get out of bed, and didn't even bother showering for days. Really bad depression- I wanted to die.

I took it long enough to start keeping up good habbits like exercise, healthy diet, and getting regular sunlight.
The doctor said once you start you have to stay on for almost ever and that's fucking bullshit.
I know these are meds made my companies trying to get you hooked and paying- but I needed the seratonin boost in my brain if I was going to get better.

Research SSID's and how they work.

I took it long enough to maintain being healthy and happy for about 2-3 months, then quit.

You'll get a depression drop for like 2 weeks but if you hang onto all your good habbits and exercise you'll come out fine and much better than before.
I first attempted scuicide at a very young age and have been chronically depressed my whole life for no good reason.
( I did have very good reason to be depressed when I started the Prozac however)
I'm the happiest and healthiest I've been all my life now at 27 years old. It's been 4 years since I hit rock bottom and I still take prozac sometimes.
It takes about 2-3 days to feel the effects and I only use it for about a weeks time- I don't feel the depression dives anymore when I hop off either.

Hope this helps!
>>
File: 143369484276.jpg (36KB, 514x549px) Image search: [Google]
143369484276.jpg
36KB, 514x549px
>>18485737
been on sertraline since march and this has been the result so far
>no longer contemplating suicide
>motivation has augmented itself enough that I now can feel like starting and doing things again
>no longer feel like the miserable secret of life's true pointlessness is exactly true, or, rather, I just don't think about it, which eased up my existential crisis by a hell of a lot
>no longer have sudden lows where I end up crying for hours

The not so good part about it are the side effects like major derealization, but that eventually disappears.
That aside, in my case, antidepressants still haven't cured my trouble getting up in the morning where I just feel miserably tired and can barely keep my eyes open, but then, I don't a lot of people who take antidepressants face this shitty ass curse.

Long story short, they're definitely worth it if you feel like you've hit (or are about to hit) rock bottom and can't get your shit together med-free.
>>
>>18485737
no it fucks with your brain and doesn't actually solve the problem. Just puts a metaphorical big pharma blanket over the actual problem.
>>
Antidepressants made it so I cannot enjoy anything but tried the depressive symptoms
>>
File: 1491826404662.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1491826404662.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>18485737
I was prescribed SSRIs, they made me feel like complete shit. I stopped taking them after two weeks. I got out of depression by getting into hiking and kayaking and getting a girlfriend. Sex + love + physical activity + being outside = depression cure. I know it's not easy to get sex and love though. Get on tinder and get what you can, bro. Never take on a girl that annoys you though. I cannot stress this enough. If a woman causes you stress, get rid of her ass ASAP. Love is easy. If it's not easy, it ain't love.
>>
>>18486076
Tinder is fucked. I made a fake account today and was looking through, all the girls are super hot and basic as fuck. Unless you're a normie there's 0 point using Tinder.
>>
File: Citalopram.jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Citalopram.jpg
10KB, 300x200px
>>18485737
I took SSRIs for a year, to try and help with anxiety. Never really helped. Felt like shit coming off though. They take months to start working and months to come off.

Pic related.
My old meds.
>>
>>18486069
Helped not tried
>>
File: 1491894553063.jpg (855KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491894553063.jpg
855KB, 1920x1080px
>>18486084
now, bumble is the fucked one. bumble is 90% jills looking for chads. there's a lag effect. originally, okc was for jills, then tinder was for jills, now bumble is for jills. okc is for sjw trash now, tinder is for average chicks, bumble is for jills.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.