[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rejection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: images-12.jpg (5KB, 478x105px) Image search: [Google]
images-12.jpg
5KB, 478x105px
What's the worst kind of rejection for you guys? How do you deal with it? For me it's being ignored. I've had a huge crush on a coworker for over a year now. We rarely work together. We work in different offices for the same company. On Friday we ended up working alone together all day. We had a lot of fun and got into some pretty deep conversation. It seemed like she was into me, and made it quite clear that she was single and looking. I wanted to ask her out on the spot, but didn't want to make the work day awkward. So, right after work I added her on facebook. She accepted my request immediately. Then, I sent her a message asking if she wanted to hang out sometime. She never read it though. So, the following afternoon I sent another message saying "Well, you didn't say no. So, I'll take that as a yes lol." She replied with "Sorry, I just got this. Work has been crazy." (although she had plenty of time to share memes). I said it was all good, and that I know how it goes. Later that night I said "I don't want to keep bothering you. If you're not interested, no hard feelings. I won't know if I don't at least ask though." That was my last message to her (Saturday night). It's now Tuesday evening and she hasn't even read it. I'm pretty bummed out about it. Being turned down sucks, but when I'm not even worth reading my message... That shit just makes me depressed. Maybe I'll volunteer for overtime at her office next week and ask in person, that way I'll at least get the dignity of a response. What do you think /adv/?
>>
>>18485509
She clearly ignores you anon,
Take your pride back and dont be such a pussy, dont even bother to look at her.
>>
>>18485509
Had the same thing happen to me, but luckily this girl doesn't live close to me. I decided that there was enough chasing from my side and called it quits. Blocked her and I will never talk to her again. I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>18485559
I know she's ignoring me. The only way I'll be satisfied is if I get an answer. At this point I want the answer to be no. Especially if this is some sort of game to get me to chase her. Or maybe she just wants me to man up and ask her in person. Rejection, I can deal with. Being ignored, I cannot.
>>
My best friend has rejected me multiple times but yesterday was the last straw. We're v similar people in our interests and prospects yet she refuses to acknowledge we would be good together. I haven't got off bed today
>>
>>18485611
I feel for you anon. Same thing has happened to me.
>>
some girl i tried to hang out with sat next to me and put her phone on the table. she unlocked her phone and locked it back a couple of times. i didn't want to look at it because i thought it would be disrespectful against her privacy but after i had a short gander, i realized there was a picture of her with her boyfriend. to this day, i still think that was the most creative and thoughtful rejection i ever received.
>>
>>18485652
That's kind of great. Sad, but great. A very creative rejection.
>>
In high school, I confessed my love to a girl online although I had never talked to her before (except once to ask her what time it was). I had been fancying about her being my princess and so on for months.

She rejected me in the kindest possible way. It was basically: "Thank you for your words and but I'm very happy in my current relationship, take care of you".

The way she tried to remain nice made me understand how much of a loser I was. She clearly felt pity for me and didn't want me to feel too bad. After that I didn't even try to talk to girls for years.
>>
>>18485509
when she doesn't just say "no" outright
>>
>>18485594
How about you stop being a little beta bitch and ask her face to face.
>>
>>18485509
Take the hint buddy and move on. This stuff happens to guys everywhere. Sometimes a girl will even give you her number without asking, then she won't text you back, or she'll be like, "Oh yeah I remember you" then it'll stop there. The more desperate you look the more respect she loses for you, and the more respect you lose for yourself.

Also look at it this way, if they wanted to hang out with you they would make time to do it, if she feels coerced/forced to hang out with you when she doesn't want to be there then you'll have a miserable time.

tl;dr Get over it
>>
>>18485509
>What's the worst kind of rejection for you guys?

Hmm I really don't know honestly. I guess the more girls I approach the more I stop caring about rejections. Like once I approached this girl once on the street and she was very beautiful, I start chatting her up and she stops me mid-sentence and says she's engaged. She didn't say it in a mean way, but she knew where it was going and was very nice about the whole thing. I consider that one of the worst rejections I've had despite how chill it was. I always imagine the worst blow-outs/rejections are the ones where the woman slaps you then walks away but they almost never happen to anyone I know.
>>
>>18485769
That's the plan. Next time I see her.
>>
>>18485751
This is what I'm talking about. I'm fine with rejection, I just want girls to be straight up about it. I hate the ones that leave you guessing or hoping and stressing.
>>
>>18485509

Firstly, your approach was very childish. There's nothing romantic or sincere about being asked out several times over messenger when you literally could of just asked her out face to face.

Secondly, you need to immediately decouple your self-esteem from whether or not a girl you want wants you back or you will find yourself in a perpetual state of disappointment. I understand that its kind of a bad feeling when a girl you like just doesn't reciprocate the feelings but you have to buck the fuck up because there is nothing more unattractive than a man who only derives his confidence from whether or not people like him. You need to hold your head up high and at least pretend like you have a sense of self that isn't so sensitive it gets completely deflated when a girl says no. That is the personality trait of a little boy, not an attractive man.

Thirdly, you need to learn how to take hints. You need to learn how to take hints because on the flip side of this equation it isn't always safe for women to just flat out turn down men and I've known many many women over the years that really go out of their way to let down guys as softly as possible because they've had really bad experiences.

I knew a girl who turned down a guy that came in every day to the coffee shop she worked at and he ended up setting her car on fire. I know another girl who turned down a guy in her office and he went around saying she got drunk, came over to his house and begged him for sex in an attempt to get back at her. I know you guys bitch and moan about "SHE SHOULD JUST SAY NO" but you need to put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment because sometimes its not that easy for girls. Men don't always take flat out rejection with grace and sometimes seek retribution against girls who do so its a very common thing for girls to do anything they can to soften the blow and not come across as a "bitch".
>>
>>18485873
If you're guessing/hoping/stressing then that's your problem. I don't know if you've ever had to reject someone but it's usually really awkward.

Once you come into terms and make peace with the fact that some people hate being confrontational about stuff like this the better off you'll be.

Example:
I have these 2 girls (I'm a guy) who always used to text me all the time, the conversation would go something like this: "Hey anon" "Hey there how are you" "I'm good and you?" "Good as well what are you upto?"....and then radio silence for days....and then the same thing happened 4 or 5 times and I just got sick of it so I stopped texting them back, then when they'd see me they'd accuse me of never getting back to them, well the truth was they never really talked about anything nor were they interesting in their conversations in the least bit so I just silently cut them off since I didn't want to be like, "When you text me you never say anything and it's an endless loop of nothingness" That's how most(some?) girls deal with unwanted advances they ghost you and hope you pick up on the hint, otherwise if they were to tell you straight up that they don't want to talk to you, things could get ugly and what usually happens is guys start getting defensive or asking, "What did I do wrong? If I did something then I'm sorry :(" or they get mad and start insulting the woman.

Trust me when I say it hurts really bad when a girl tells you that she wants nothing to do with you. A girl I was seeing briefly last year just sent me a text out of the blue that said, "Please stop contacting me I don't want to talk to you anymore" This was after we'd gone out and hang out for hours and shared life stories and jokes. (Plus I'd spent like $200 on her)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.