[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend left me a few days ago for another dude. How long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1469495684533.png (189KB, 288x398px) Image search: [Google]
1469495684533.png
189KB, 288x398px
Girlfriend left me a few days ago for another dude. How long until it stops hurting, /adv?
>>
>>18485479
How long have you been together?
>>
>he fell for the gf meme
We warned you, the answer is never.
>>
>>18485496
2 and a half year. The last few weeks of our relationship were pretty damn shaky so at least I saw it coming. I feel like that other guy was simply the final push she needed to leave my ass.
>>18485499
Yeah. Should have taken the MGTOW red pill a long time ago.
>>
>>18485506
That's called monkey branching, she reaches out and lets loose of you if she's got a grip on another guy. Happened to me but she already jumped on his dick while we were still together, happened to a friend of mine who's gf of 6years broke up with him out of the blue and was with another guy the next week.

I can only talk of my own experience with my ex. I was in a world of pain for 3 months (been together 4years), couldn't even masturbate for the first month. After that the pain became managable, the crying and sleepless nights rarer but I was seriously depressed for 6-7 months after the first period of sadness. There sometimes were days or even weeks in between when I wasn't bothered at all by the loss, but the feelings crashed in again. Still, the intensity of the sadness will become weaker and weaker as time goes by, even at its peaks it will be managable after 6 months or so.

Right now your top priority should be doing stuff to stay afloat, stuff you know would be good for you in order to come back agaib. Don't neglect food, sleep, family, friends, work, hobbies. When it became too much I would take nightly walks into the woods, write all the shit thoughts down in a word document or call my sister. You'll bounce back eventually
>>
my rule for breakups:

you get thirty minutes to grieve, after that no more grieving.

I got dumped by my gf of 4 years last summer. Immediately got on Tinder and okcupid, met a qt asian, and she was sucking my dick within 24 hours of the breakup.

you feel bad because you don't have feminine energy around you. As soon as you get a girl sucking your dick you'll forget about your gf.

mgtow is bluepill btw
>>
>>18485599
>>18485599
>As soon as you get a girl sucking your dick you'll forget about your gf.

Listen to this guy, Op.

>mgtow is bluepill btw

Okay this doesn't make any sense.

How is MGTOW considered bluepill ?

MGTOW is litterally about men going there on way, because a lot of women (not all) simply aren't worth all the time, energy, money and effort that men spend/put in to them.
>>
>>18485593
Right now I have a few moments every day where I don't feel bad at all about the breakup. They can last a few minutes to about an hour. After that it's back to feeling like shit. It does sound like you had it rougher than me though so thanks for sharing your experience. It kind of relieves me to see that a guy who cried too hard to sleep at first got over it.
>>18485599
I've considered it, but I don't feel quite ready yet to get my dick wet in another pussy. Too afraid of thinking about her while doing it.
>>
>>18485593
What reason to write down your thoughts? Have you revisited them?
>>
>>18485479
This is a very common thread on /adv/. How should we know how long it will take you to overcome your sadness? Do you think any of your habits/actions might speed up or slow down the 'grieving process'?
>>
>>18485673
>It kind of relieves me to see that a guy who cried too hard to sleep at first got over it.
Lol dude it was worse than that, after she told me she had cheated and acted absolutely cold about it like yeah I don't give a fuck, I screamed at her while breaking up, went home, screamed for an hour straight. Like the screaming in pain kinda type, it was impossible to stop screaming. I've never lost my shit so completely in my entire life.
The other dude I've told you had it bad too. His father was dying of lung cancer, he took care of his father at home because he was completely bedridden and it was clear he wouldn't survive the next month. So at this point his gf of 6 years comes up to him, breaks up, packs her stuff and goes home just like that.

To add to my previous post: I know she's probably in your mind from morning to evening. If you've cut her and everything that reminds you of her out of your life you'll think noticably less of her in 4-5 months.
>>
>>18485688
I wrote them down because the thoughts and feeling were repeating like a broken record, like a chaotic loop and writing them down served as an outlet for them, as a way to bring order temprarily. If I couldn't do research I had to do for uni because the thoughts and feels were holding me off I'd write them down and managed to get my work done after that. At first I'd read through what I've written (I wrote absolutely structureless and chaotic) and analyzed it. I kept the documents on my computer for several months. It was interesting because if you're 4months after the break up and read through what you've written one month after the break up you'll notice that your feelings and thoughts towards it have significantly changed.
>>
>>18485479
I took up running after I had a tragic break up (4 years, caught her cheating a day before our anniversary). I didn't really sleep the first day and ba rely slept the second. I was basically a zombie for months until my friend took me out for a run. He is a competitive runner and he signed me up for a 5k. I got into it and felt like all my anger and sadness was just pouring out, it still hurt but I guess I was focusing on that pain and using it in a good way. I also wrote down things on paper or on my phone. I did this because I felt like I didn't want to talk to anyone and this was a good way to just spill my thoughts. It still hurts but I figured there are better things to do than cry over this terrible person. After I made that realization I bought a new computer and TV and just hang out with my friends. We all go throught this op some worse than others and we all learn the same lesson. My advice is to take up a hobby and just got drunk with your friends and celebrate life. Of course you'll be reminded about her multiple times, and getting over that sad hill will be hard, but you are not alone in this and we are rooting for you here op. So yeah good luck and I hope you have a better life without her
>>
>>18485742
>>18485772
Jesus Christ. Why is empathy lost on some people?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.