[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been engaged to my fiance almost a year. we keep letting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: las-vegas-133299.jpg (205KB, 760x275px) Image search: [Google]
las-vegas-133299.jpg
205KB, 760x275px
ive been engaged to my fiance almost a year.

we keep letting the wedding date slip through the cracks. can't decide on who to invite/etc. we don't want a big wedding.

she mentioned renting a chapel in our city.

she picked out a nice wedding band and we put a deposit down but it's just sitting at the diamond store.

we leave for vegas tomorrow evening.

I'M THINKING:

I could go pick up her ring tomorrow and surprise her with it in vegas, then we could do a vegas wedding. boom. done.

surprise, fun and done all at once.

I've never been and I think it'd be a cool ass story + her dad and uncle are in town for wsop games. (they're big time card players)

I figure if they're there too; it'd be a pretty special day.

thoughts?
>>
>>18484994
It sounds like both of you are stressing over making sure the wedding is "perfect. I get it, I'm 6 months into wedding planning with my own fiance, there is an absurd amount of pressure from family, friends, and the industry on how to plan your wedding the "correct way". One of my coworkers did the Vegas wedding and she said it was a blast. As long as you go into it with the attitude of "fuck it, let's do this" I say go for it.
If it helps, there was a piece of advice my rabbi gave for when we're planning our wedding; the event isn't a change of your own life status, it's a signal to your friends and family that the love you have is now official. Do what you guys feel is best, it's your day. Good luck and congrats.
>>
>>18484994
Reminder that 50% of marriages fail and that you should make a marriage contract.
>>
>>18485008
>>18485008
yeah man she's super laid back. we're a little older too so the pressure of full traditional is out the window. PLUS we've already lived together for 3 years and just bought a house. we move in on the 27th this month.

I think it'd be nice to walk into our new home as married folks!

thanks for your input;

a lot of what i've heard is the same.

people who go off and do it; had a blast.

I also heard big weddings = too much going on to enjoy the day.

thanks for your input

>>18485011
btw she's the money maker :P
>>
>>18485011
Calling a divorce a "failure" is just being inflammatory. It's just becoming more and more acceptable to divorce in this say and age. A divorce is a good thing, it's two people realising their not meant to be together and legally separating.
>>
>>18485016
>btw she's the money maker :P
Okay then don't make a marriage contract

>>18485017
>Calling a divorce a "failure" is just being inflammatory
Oh no, I was being inflammatory
>>
>married
>not doing the paper work

Dude if you want to get 'married' go ahead. Just know if you want any legalality to it, you need to do some paperwork
>>
>>18485025

I don't understand completely.

All I know is people can get married at the drop of a hat in Vegas.

are there contracts I need up front?
>>
>>18485028
It's based on state laws, Vegas is just very casual about it. If you're seriously gonna go for the Vegas wedding do reseasrch beforehand so you know what you need to get squared away before heading out.
>>
>>18485032
wtf do you have anything WORTH posting? or are you just a fish out of water bumping this thread??
>>
File: IMG_6545.png (102KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6545.png
102KB, 640x1136px
>>18485028
Lol. If you want it to be legal, you usually need a marriage license, which you both need to be present to apply for
>>
>>18484994
> she picked out a nice wedding band and we put a deposit down but it's just sitting at the diamond store
Huh. Usually the band is just plain gold; the engagement ring is the one with the diamond. The former is usually much cheaper than the latter.
>>
>>18485049
>>18485049
yeah her band has diamonds on it. >>18485037
how the crap do i get one, gonna look it up
>>
>>18485037
okay so it's $60 for one.

ez pz.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.