[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he okay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Mary_Poppins_-_Julie_Andrews.jpg (443KB, 2255x2018px) Image search: [Google]
Mary_Poppins_-_Julie_Andrews.jpg
443KB, 2255x2018px
Recently my boyfriend's been acting weird. (I'm a grill). It started a few weeks ago with him humming a tune with grunting noises and dancing around in the kitchen.

Then I noticed him doing this kind of "building a box" type of motion with his hands and looking really unhinged for a moment in the middle of a normal conversation. We were having dinner so I had been looking away for a moment. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "nothing" and laughed in a kind of off way.

This last week, he keeps playing "Black Hole Sun" over and over on his laptop without headphones, singing along to it, but making up different weird lyrics, like "I rape dogs". I made it clear that I didn't find it funny and he stopped, but I heard him singing that kind of stuff to himself later. It sounded like he was singing "give me knife".

Is he okay?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>18484958
mmmm I was going to say maybe he's just weird but then you said the last part... that's really fucking weird even for me. Maybe he has a mental disorder and is going through a manic state? ask him if he's bipolar or been diagnosed with it or something... or maybe you're just making it seem weirder than it is
>>
>>18484958
How long are you dating and how long are you living together?

Probably he finally feel comfortable around you enough so he stopped autocensoring himself when you are around. Expect him dancing naked around home.

This is the reason why you dont marry until you live 1+ year together. Because until then you dont know their hidden activities like this.

I bet you behave differently when nobody is around you as well.
>>
>>18484970
It's very unlike his previous behavior. I might ask him.
>>
>>18484977
We've been together for about a year and a half, lived together for just under a year.

I don't behave that much differently, I talk to myself but nothing dark.
>>
>>18484986
>nothing dark

Well, he is YOUR boyfriend. You have to invest more skill points into conversation and communication. Get his attention, make some funny face and demand explanation of his weird behavior.

But until he does some damage, talk about voices in his head or do something real crazy
>dancing and singing is just sign of good mood, not being crazy
he is within tolerance. If it freakes you out, sometimes the best solution is to simply give him space and go to different room. You cant expect human being to behave 24/7. We all have weird rituals to keep us going.

>bonus question
Marriage when and how many babies?
>>
>>18484958
Is it possible he's started doing drugs? Or is he on any kind of medications that might affect his mood/mental state? If it's a recent, sudden change, my first guess would be that he started smoking pot or something
>>
>>18485009
Our conversations are okay, I don't think he's feeling he has to break the silence or whatever.

But it's really aggressive singing, like the grunting noises aren't punctuation, he's making this "nng ngg nng" noise to a tune, it sounds really odd.

I don't know whether we'll get married, but we've talked about having kids. Nothing definite though, we haven't been together long.

>>18485019
He's not on any medications that I know of. We both smoke occasionally but that doesn't seem to coincide with this starting.
>>
>>18485024
>noise to tune
I dont know about your bf, but this is what i do when nobody is around when i get super happy.
>how do you get this happy
Weekend + 10 or more hours of sleep + excitement from having grand breakfast at 11:00.

>aggressive singing
But this is the reason you are with him. I bet you wouldnt date whiny bitch. Next time join him, grab him by hands and start humming with him while dancing at kitchen like duo of mad people. It can be fun and relaxing. Why are you always so uptight and serious?
>sounds really odd
That is because he isnt professional singer, is he?

T. Definitely not crazy boy.
>>
>>18485044
Thanks, the Joker, that's really comforting.
>>
>>18485053
hes right i used to get songs stuck in my head and substitute the lyrics with stupid shit and then sing it all day to annoy my gf
also he might just be fucking with you
>>
>>18484958
>Black Hole Sun

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2015/09/black-hole-sun-wont-you-come-the-sky-is-now-stained-with-strange-firery-blood-red-auroras-seen-above-the-northern-states-of-the-usa-this-is-a-very-bad-sign-of-impending-doom-2472770.html?currentSplittedPage=0

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2017/05/pluto-is-the-horrible-star-a-k-a-the-black-hole-sun-a-portal-to-the-fiery-abyss-of-hell-coming-soon-to-help-burn-the-earth-clean-2491198.html

Enjoy sleeping tonight :^)
>>
>>18485127
Go back to CERN
>>
If he were fine, and just doing these quirky things knowingly for a laugh, then he'd notice you are uncomfortable with it, explain it, and tone it down.
Since he sees your worry fear and anxiety as something to play with, he is not right for you, or possibly anyone for that matter. He should care about your feelings. He should want to make you feel safe.
I think you have reason to worry. Not the behavior itself, but the lack of a human loving response to your reaction.
>>
>>18484958
I have similar habits when I've recently had an embarrassing social interaction, or I remember something embarrassing I did a long ass time ago. I have a few OCD tendencies so it can stick around for a while. I'll make a lot of grunts and whines, and compulsively grunt horrible things about myself. Occasionally I'll hum something in a really aggressive and guttural way or shout fragmented song lyrics in a death metal voice. It can be difficult to not do it in front of people but sometimes I forget and let one of those compulsions loose.

I can't say for certain but it sounds really similar.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.