[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Withdrawing from Anti-Depressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: GSO49000.jpg (19KB, 288x216px)
GSO49000.jpg
19KB, 288x216px
So long story short i've been trying to withdraw from my anti-depressants (sertraline 50mg) since the tend to make me fat, so thing is its a total pain to withdraw from the pills, i have to take half a pill for a month, then from there have half a pill every two days, but anyways its a total pain, its been giving horrible headaches the entire week
And well i've been thinking, instead of going through the entire process of withdrawal, that i could just ask for a week off from work and during this week i do not take any medication.
Basically just skipping the entire withdrawal process, and well i HEARD i don't know if its true but a friend of mine who works with medicine told me that if i do that, it'll take probably 3 or 4 days to be back to normal and not in an aggressive mood (this tends to happen when i don't take my pills) which is why im thinking of asking for a week off from work.

So should i skip the entire process and take a week off or should i continue with the normal withdrawal process ?
>>
dude unless you're at risk of severe withdrawals don't worry about it. I went off sertraline 'cold turkey' multiple times and didn't suffer any sides. This was for OCD mind you, not depression. But because it was for OCD I was on a really high dose, something like 150mg. I was just very irritable, but I'd have a leash on it when I was at school it's not uncontrollable (unless you're anger management i guess.

Don't worry.
>>
>>18484671
Take CBD pills while you ween off.
I wasnt withdrawing from anti-depressants but I was withdrawing and it made things loads easier.
I was actually able to quit faster because of it. CBD oil is better imo, but it should all work the same.
A little costly tho maybe...
>>
>>18485363
The fuck.

I had to take 150mg for depression my first time. My aunt and mom only had to take 25mg or less and they still do.

I felt no pain but it also gave 10 hour Erections and unconsciois insomnia.

I'm noticing that this is prescribed a lot for various/misc.

Did it help at all for the ocd?
>>
>>18484671
Reduce your dose by 50mg every 7 days
>>
>>18484671
>withdraw
The correct term is taper

>half a pill every two days
... This seems like it could cause neurological instability. Why not cut them into quarters with a utility knife instead?

My advice is to take off if you have vacation days or continue the taper by using quarter pills, if possible. You might also want to order some phenibut and take 500mg a day if you go the cold turkey route to keep you from being irritable.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.