[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a serious conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hi adv,
I'm wondering how often is it normal to start a conversation about something personal with a very close contact regarding either yourself or your relationship with the other person?

I'm currently involved a very intimate relationship and even though we are very functional, we never really "talk". The only instances that we do (which happens once every 4-5 months) is when one of us (usually me) has something stressful to talk about. The last time I had an issue of how we function, and before that I had a very stressful period at work and I needed someone to cuddle me at tell me that it's almost done :(

I noticed that the other person never shares the same kind of things with me (personal or life problems), and I am starting to be uncomfortable regarding it. It almost makes me feel too needy in comparison.

How often do people do have a deeper conversation? Does it just happen naturally or do you also have to prepare for it mentally for a day? Is it weird to text the other person saying you would like to talk?
>>
>>18484312

I get where you're coming from but you can't expect one person to be your therapist so to speak. You still want to have deep conversations about stuff that's going on in life but if the other persons not willing to reciprocate that feeling then you need someone else to talk to.

If you're in a serious relationship you both should be comfortable to talk deeply about things. If not then my friend you need to get out of that relationship because if you decide to keep quiet it will chew you up inside.

If something is weighing on your mind speak up about it.

No it's not weird to say you'd like to talk but make sure it's to someone who actually gives a shit you know ?
>>
Some people just don't want to talk about their feelings so freely like that. Especially while your casually chatting i wouldn't just bring it up.

Was in a similar situation with my gf but on the other side. She constantly tells me everything that worries her etc but even tough i trust and love her i just can't to that. Not because im scared but i'm just not the type of person for it.

Idk how it is in your case, i mean you could bring it up that might lead to a more intimate relationship but i might also come off weird so you should find a good way to do it.
Maybe after you talked about a problem of yourself go about that your happy to have someone you trust enough to share this etc or something.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.