[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female Friendship Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I'm struggling to figure out how to salvage/keep a friendship and need advice.

Basically for the past couple of years my closest friend has been this girl. We did a lot together and basically lived together at one point in our friendship. On paper, we really shouldn't work as friends, she is extremely social, outgoing, opinionated, etc. Whereas I'm quiet, easygoing, lazy, etc. When we lived in the same city it was fine, I personally am not great at talking online with people (I tend to ghost or send like one message a day to a person, if that) but we could just meet in person and hang out for hours not chatting, and that would be good for her because she felt connected. Then about two years back I moved and it coincided with an extremely shitty and toxic breakup with her first serious boyfriend. She became extremely clingy because she had basically transferred her extreme dependency/neediness from me to him, but now that they broke up that neediness increased tenfold. Because I am shit at communicating online, we'd get into arguments when I was away because I would struggle to message her and then she'd send messages like "I'm really mad at you"/"I'm really upset that you're ignoring me" etc. When I'd come to visit it'd be fine again because we'd get into our pattern of us meeting up for hours and her talking to me in person again, but when I'd leave it'd loop back to arguments. Fast forward to two years later and she officially blocked me after me not talking to her after a couple of months.

(cont.)
>>
>>18484286
(/cont.)

I know on some level I'm definitely to blame. A friendship is a give and take, and while all my other close friends are fine with us not talking for 6+ months, she needs daily interaction. But at the same time, I would purposely not reply to some of her messages because I found her messages to be extremely toxic and creepy. She would wait for me to come online (before I figured out how to hide my status) and start saying "hey I know you're here stop ignoring me. stop ignoring me. why are you ignoring me." I've also been going through some major mental shit which led to a couple breakdowns and two hospitalizations and I cut off all social contact which she didn't understand. We also have a mutual friend group wherein there is a group chat that I am in but she isn't (once again on paper we are complete opposites and our friend group is more NEET/social autists and she's the outlier) and she would ask them if I had messaged them constantly/ask what I was talking about. Right before she blocked me she actually went through a friends phone to see when I was last online/when I had last chatted in the group chat which I just found completely over the line.

It's basically a conflict of me understanding I was a shit friend but at the same time I think she is pretty dependent and becomes unhealthily obsessed with me to the point of stalker qualities. I want to keep the friendship alive because we have great memories together but I'm not moving back home any time soon and clearly online we have a shit relationship. What should I do? Should I attempt to salvage the friendship?
>>
You can't really do something about it. You can only talk to her (in person if possible) and explain to her that she means much to you, that you still value the friendship high but that you can't change yourself for her and that her behaviour will eventually lead to break up.

But in the 2nd part thats sounds pretty fucked up so i don't know if you can do something. I mean you can try to spend time with her, and talk more to her online than you like because she goes through a hard time but that could just make it worse
>>
>>18484303
Yeah I'd love to meet up with her when I'm in town. I feel like I'm much better at explaining myself in person by I feel like she's just going to say something like "No don't talk to me" and then either message our mutual friends constantly or just be passive aggressive to me. idk.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.