[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dale Carnegie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Has anyone here read his famous book?

His technique to obtaining friends is literally "be a nice guy kiss-ass by listening to other people's problems and never ever talk about yourself".

Problem is, I already did that all the way through middle and high school and I never got a girlfriend or was invited to a single party or became part of a real "friend group". People only ever talked to me when they wanted help with math homework.

Anyone on /adv/ got any GOOD self-help books so I don't remain a friendless loser through college? Or at the very least have m peers treat me with respect.
>>
>>18484271
Personally, I don't believe self help books help with people, I think they are only sold for people to get money easily. They talk about it on /lit/ a lot, and I've glanced at this book quite a bit and it most likely will not help. Sorry
>>
It helped me considerably. I'd reread it if I were you, because it definitely led to my first girlfriends and long lasting friendships with girls and guys alike. Hell, even the less applicable to dating stuff like how the parents managed that child to do what they want was beneficial in dating.
>>
>>18484271
It's pretty good book, but it's designed for people who are naturally charismatic to learn not to be self-centered. Not so much for un-charismatic people to build themselves up from scratch.

I think you need to just look at the people around you who have the type of social life you'd want to have, and start being REAL honest with yourself about what makes them different from you.
>>
You missed the message if that's what you got. He never says to be a kiss-ass.

The most important things in that book are to be genuinely interested in other people and to let people save face when they fuck up.
>>
Win friends and influence people literally changed my whole attitude to people/dealing with people.

Before I read that book I was unsociable, always getting in arguments with people and couldn't meet shit. Now I can make friends with anyone anywhere, be confident and deal with arguments and transgressions.

If you read it don't just read it once you've gotta do it a few times, put into practice and be genuinely interested. Hope this helps anon
>>
File: Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg (20KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg
20KB, 256x400px
there's only one book you need bro
>>
>>18484271
>His technique to obtaining friends is literally "be a nice guy kiss-ass by listening to other people's problems and never ever talk about yourself".

It isn't you didn't get it.

That being said I can see how you got that message from how it is worded, if you skipped some essential sentences. There are many better books.

Read instead:

"No more Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Glover.

and

"How to make anyone fall in love with you" by Leil Lowndes.

They will help you infinitely more.
>>
Check out 48 Laws of Power and The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. Best books I have read on social interactions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.