[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this constitute as a threat that I could get the police

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: legal.jpg (32KB, 596x270px) Image search: [Google]
legal.jpg
32KB, 596x270px
A random person on Facebook was messing with me, and said they lynched a person. I figured it was a threat, and asked "You gonna lynch me?" where they replied "I'm coming for that ass, dog"

Is this uttering a threat, and can I get police involved? I feel like it is, but someone told me since they didn't specifically say it, and I kind of got it out of them, that it isn't
>>
The police aren't going to waste their time with something this frivolous.
>>
Why get the police involved lol. People say worse things to me playing CSGO
>>
>>18483786

They were harassing me for awhile and ended with that

Problem is, I'm American and this person is Canadian. How would that affect this?
>>
>>18483792
Block them on Facebook and go on with your life. They're not going to drive down to America just to beat up someone on the internet
>>
>>18483792
>How would that affect this?
The police will tell you to just fuck off and block them.
>>
>>18483796

Is there no way for them to find out who it was in Canada, how would I testify against them too?
>>
>>18483799
The police aren't going to waste their time and resources when literally all you have to do is block them. Stop being a moron.
>>
>>18483806

They were really shitty though, I want to press charges
>>
>>18483829
It wouldn't be considered a credible threat so you have no legal basis.
>>
>>18483897

Even though he affirmed that he'd do what I said?
>>
>>18483904
Still no case. For a threat to be credible it has to be believable to the actual person, probable, and has to make the person legitimately fear for their life. Someone saying they lynched someone is not believable in this century in a first world nation, more of your posts indicate it is not credible either just annoying.
>>
>>18483918

It was racially motivated though. He said he hated niggers, and said he lynched the person with the klan. I asked if he was gonna lynch me, and he said "Yeah, I'm comin' for dat fat ass"
>>
>>18483780
Grow some thicker skin you fucking faggot. You're like a 10 year old reacting to a phone prank
>>
>>18483923
Yea well fuck niggers.
Are you going to call the police on me?
>>
>>18483929

this is completely different though, and I have no way to identify you
>>
>>18483944
And he's some random guy in Canada. No one is in the Klan anymore and no one lynches anyone anymore. It's just some rando on the internet making fun of you because you respond back. Just block him
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.