[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become the man I wish to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2073.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How do I become the man I wish to be?
>>
know yourself, become active and start working
>>
>>18483736

make a list of those traits. realize which ones are simply contradictory to your intrinsic sense of self, and remove those. then plot out how to achieve the others.

it is a lot like sculpting though. you have this perfect image in your head, and you try your best, but it never looks quite right, even if it is beautiful.
>>
>>18483760
well put anon
>>
>>18483760
First class post that.
>>
>>18483760
mmmmmm, kinda but I disagree on some foundational points.

you do anything and everything that it takes to build yourself into the man you want to be anon. even if it fucking kills you. when you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.

if there are parts of you, your intrinsic self that suck, you cut them out and you replace them with better things. you won't always succeed, you won't be perfect, but if you are self aware and you work very hard, and you constantly improve you will become as close to the man that you want to be as you can. you may surpass the man you wanted to be and realize you aimed far too low.

there is a reason I was in the gym for 2 hours tonight instead of partying like everyone else I know.
>>
>>18483736
I'm sure you'll hear a lot of good advice here, but one of the biggest things that I think is important is never let fear control you're actions.

You see the hottest girl you've ever seen and you want go talk her, do it. It doesn't matter if she's surrounded by 10 people including her family. You may not even win her over, but you'll definitely get her respect and other people around you will respect you. Honestly most go around being afraid, of just about everything. You'll go along way just by doing the opposite. Fortune favors the bold.
>>
To get somewhere you've never been, you gotta do something you've never done
>>
What man do you want to be?
>>
>>18483760
best advice ever
>>
>>18483878

hard disagree. if something is intrinsic to your sense of self, than you need it to be happy. just because we fantasize about something making us happy doesn't mean it will. we like the things we like for a reason, and in some cases it is simply being stuck in a rut without growth, but in many cases its not. I often fantasize about a relationship, but anytime im in a relationship im depressed and miserable. im far happier being on my own, and forcing my self to be in a relationship just makes me an awful person.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.