[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

untreated concussion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 069.jpg (35KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
35KB, 600x641px
one night when I was 12, I was playing rough with my friends and I hit my forehead hard on a wooden floor rather hard, though it did not hurt much. I remember seeing stars upon the impact, but never lost consciousness or felt weird other than the fact that I felt really sad for almost no reason for the rest of that night, almost crying myself to sleep. The impact spot on my forehead had tiny red spots all over it for the next week or so. never told anyone; it went untreated. fast forward many years, adhd symptoms gradually worsen though they were present before this happened. did I fuck my brain up?
>>
>>18483470
You don't have brain damage, you're just stupid.
>>
well thanks, i guess
>>
>>18483470
It's hard to say my dude, concussions are a fickle mistress. I've had quite a few in my life time, last time I had one I went about 6 hours before realizing something was wrong. I realized something was up when my manager at work asked how to spell my last name and I actually had to take a minute to even think of what my last name was.

It's hard to retroactively diagnose a concussion from just a bump to the head. It's all a matter of catching the symptoms as they are happening and recognizing something is wrong.

If you really are that concerned maybe you could talk to some kind of brain doctor to get a scan but once it's happened there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
would you say you recovered from all of your concussions? did symptoms ever present themselves in situations that you didn't expect them too?
>>
>>18483542
Define recover. Your brain can be complete mush for a week or two, but it takes about a month or so before you really feel confident in your brains ability. Most temporary issues with memory are usually in recalling things or short term memory.

For the first couple days I couldn't tolerate driving or playing videogames because it was just too much stimulous for my brain to handle, I would pour a glass of milk and forget about it in the time it took to put the gallon back in the fridge and I would find it hours later, one time I picked up mc Donald's on the way home from work and found it in my car a couple days later.

As the days went on I would need carry around a pen and paper to make if I needed to make sure I remembered something for more than 5 minutes. Driving could still be difficult for extended amounts of times.

Really Ive only had one instance with full on memory loss/possible damage due to a concussion, that happened 11 tears ago and I still have issues with remembering certain things from that time in my life but in all honesty I'm thankful for it, since the loss was actually a positive. It was things I wanted to get over and move on from, so in that instance the concussion was the best thing that could have happened in my life.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.