[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living alone, no friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6143.jpg (204KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6143.jpg
204KB, 650x430px
I live alone, and I currently have no friends in the city I work in. All of my old friends from high school and college are scattered across the country and I can't have my entire social life on my mobile phone

I've tried joining sports clubs, going out to concerts and bars by myself, or go on master-dated where I will watch a movie alone, watch a sports game at a bar, alone. Aside from happy hours with coworkers whom I hate I'm just... antisocial. I'm scared of making another group of friends and they too abandon me to pursue their own lives sooner or later (I grew up in small Communities, my graduating class was 70 people in high school and I went to a small college and had 3-5 friends there, so i don't deal well with people coming andgoing)

I've become super withdrawn so much that I don't even want to make small talk with other DUDES let alone girls

It's a very lonely existence, and i spend most of my time working or commuting so I don't have that free time to go out and explore the city or whatever magic thing that 20 something's do. to make friends.

And As some sort of sick joke I'm muscular and physically attractive. You'd think this would be a good thing but it doesn't matter how much you resemble Ryan gosling if you're a fucking dweebturd. if you're attractive on the outside but a Beta bitch shy boy on the inside people are confused or just think you're gay.

Pls help
>>
>>18483123
Which city? I'd hang with you if you are living in Chicago.
>>
what do you like anon?

You make friends through shared interests and repeated contact, and after that, shared values.

many people our age are really trying hard to focus on "making it" or are beginning to start families. It's a sad fact of life, but friends often get left by the wayside.
>>
>>18483123
>I've tried joining sports clubs, going out to concerts and bars by myself

fucking cringe OP.
the only people that do that are autistic kids who are forced to by mom and dad to be able to develope social skills so they can move out and mom and dad can travel again and be free.

did you really do that bro?

did you not check your calender? 2017
no one has friends anymore. not real ones anyway.

but I have to know please anon, did you really join "sports clubs" in order to try and make friends?
>>
>>18483164

>no one has friends anymore. not real ones anyway

why
>>
>>18483168
because that's the way society is now ran.
we the millennials have commercialized friendship into a commodity. we spend all our time using shit like facebook and instagram in order to boost our self esteem by collecting "friends". real friendship died around 1992.

we now have this. our generations version of friendship. www.facebook.com

but don't feel sad op. I have hundreds of friends on facebook and I have never met any one of them; and I'm fine with that.

real men don't need friendship OP.
but you will need a CPU. I recommend AMD64
>>
>>18483168
bro please, did you really join clubs in order to try and meet people? be honest op.
>>
>>18483164

>but I have to know please anon, did you really join "sports clubs" in order to try and make friends?

What's autistic about joining an amateur rugby team for a bit or joining an MMA or BJJ school? That's what I was talking about
>>
>>18483188
>bro please, did you really join clubs in order to try and meet people? be honest op.

I thought that was the conventional way to meet people with similar interests. You like swimming, you join a masters swimming team. You like crossfit, you go join a crossfit box. You like bjj, you go join a bjj club.

Am i missing something?
>>
>>18483189
>What's autistic about joining an amateur rugby team for a bit or joining an MMA or BJJ school? That's what I was talking about

no, I'm not saying joining to do MMA or play a sport is autistic, I'm saying joining with the soul purpose of "making friends" is autistic and cringe worthy.

I go to presidio park and play chess with random faggots, but I never do it with the intention to "make friends" I do it with the intention of beating "pro chess players" at chess.

the reason it's cringe worthy is because it can be compared to what women do when they go to dance clubs, they say they are there "just dance and have fun" but they are really there to fuck guys and see if one of the might be "mr.perfect" (none of them will be; 100% true). hidden intentions when they are blatant are cringy as fuck OP.
>>
>>18483123
Again OP, don't feel bad; I don't have any friends. I never have, and my life is pretty great. I have a pretty cool job where I get my own office and I can pretty much work from home 2 days out of the week, I do what I want, I don't have to worry about anyone anymore since my dad already died and I get to spend all the money I make on myself.

why do you want to have friend so bad anyway? is being only with yourself so dreadful that you must find someone? anyone?

sounds like insecurity issues op.
>>
This is going to sound silly, but do you have facebook, twitter or other social media accounts? If meeting people offline is difficult for you, try meeting people online. Join groups, follow accounts with similar interest, get involved in online communities and make friends there who live near you.

I casually go on twitter and a couple forum communities, and I've found local friends through there. It sounds nerdy and silly, but finding groups and meet ups can help. Try looking for meetups in your area, too.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (53KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
53KB, 600x693px
>>18483240
>This is going to sound silly, but do you have facebook, twitter or other social media accounts? If meeting people offline is difficult for you, try meeting people online. Join groups, follow accounts with similar interest, get involved in online communities and make friends there who live near you.
>I casually go on twitter and a couple forum communities, and I've found local friends through there. It sounds nerdy and silly, but finding groups and meet ups can help. Try looking for meetups in your area, too.

this sounds even more cringe worthy than the OP.
my teeth and handle it non please..
>>
>>18483180
I can't buy into this or the sentiment behind it. Both seem flimsy as fuck.
>>
>>18483267
>I can't buy into this or the sentiment behind it. Both seem flimsy as fuck.

you don't have to buy into it, it's true weather you buy into it or not. and if you didn't notice, there wasn't an argument in your reply.

don't buy it all you want. this is us in 2017, weather you like it or not. if you don't believe me, go on this website called 4chan.org; it's full of people proving me right 24/7.
>>
>>18483236
>why do you want to have friend so bad anyway? is being only with yourself so dreadful that you must find someone? anyone?

Yes I hate being alone. I want a crew. A "new" family since I have huge difficulties relating to my actual one.

A group house of chill people where we all do shit together and form our own little clan / circle or whatever. I see people living in group houses in their 20s throwing parties, getting dinners together, watching movies together or whatever and i want that for myself with my own type of people

>>18483240

I've tried meetups and all the people j met were like 40.

I the only online people I meet are tinder girls
>>
File: 1494721286414.png (546KB, 862x658px) Image search: [Google]
1494721286414.png
546KB, 862x658px
>>18483273

>weather
>>
>>18483273
>I said a thing and it's true because I said it is. Also, there are lonely people on the internet.

Your post.
>>
>>18483285
>I see people living in group houses in their 20s throwing parties, getting dinners together, watching movies together or whatever and i want that for myself with my own type of people

still not a counter-argument, but ok.
>>
>>18483289
You're replying to two different people champ
>>
>>18483278
>Yes I hate being alone. I want a crew. A "new" family since I have huge difficulties relating to my actual one.
>A group house of chill people where we all do shit together and form our own little clan / circle or whatever. I see people living in group houses in their 20s throwing parties, getting dinners together, watching movies together or whatever and i want that for myself with my own type of people

yeah ok, but you do know those people are all there because they personally get something out of it right?
they are there because they feel the same way you feel and want the reassurance of "friendship". my point OP is you have to figure out why you feel the need to be accepted and solve it, we all walk this life alone anon, there are really no real friends in this life, people come and go from your life, even your parents and you have to find a way to be ok with just you in order to be able to face what is coming up ahead.

don't be one of those people who gets all their value from other people, because when those people eventually leave, you will be destroyed.
it happens to chicks all the time, they are sad because they don't have a boyfriend, so they get a guy, then stuff happens; then they break up and the girl is back to square one, never really being able to be herself and happy.

if you want to be a well based and emotionally mature adult, you have to find a way to just be ok with you and happy about it; there is this word in Japanese (weeaboo here) called Hikikamori, I believe it means to pull inward. that's what you have to do anon. pull inward and find your self value from within, once you have that, a well structured emotional health, the rest should come, and if it doesn't; you didn't loose shit either way, you still have you.

so don't think of yourself as a crew member without a crew or a soldier without a army, think of yourself as a mercenary; and you will succeed
>>
>>18483278
Relationships like that start casually and are made over the course of years.
>>
>>18483314
>Hikikamori, I believe it means to pull inward. that's what you have to do anon. pull inward and find your self value from within, once you have that, a well structured emotional health, the rest should come,

Dude hikkomori literally wall themselves off from society, hump their Waifu pillows and play video games until they kill themselves of depression. They are the Omega Males of Japanese society.

What the fuck. Hikkomori? Really?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.