[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized I suffer from depression and I've been lying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0842.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0842.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
I just realized I suffer from depression and I've been lying to myself these years.

How do I fight it?
>>
>>18482510
Realization is the key.
You can start logging and writing down your days, situations, thoughts and put emphasize on feelings so you can realize whats the cause.
>>
Depression is a chemical imbalance in your head causing you to feel different, usually bad.

This can be fixed in different ways.

You could see a doctor who has dealt with this literally thousands of times before and get prescribed medicine to balance the chemicals, or whatever the doctor says.

You could wait for the chemicals to balance themselves out if it isn't too bad.

You could get other chemicals that do the same things endorphins do but are worse for you, like drink soda for the caffeine or 5 hour energy and monster. Video games are also really stimulating, so if you already haven't tried that there's another option.

OR if your feeling brave you can get into a deep relationship with someone, that'll screw around with your chemical imbalances for a while, or just make it worse.

Hope it helps.
>>
>>18482510
this is a good program to try out (PDF + audio):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip

>The mindful way through depression.
>>
>>18482538
wtf is this advice lmao are u even human
>>
I was diagnosed with depression when I was 15, after 3 years of suicidal thoughts and being a weird emo kid who didn't talk to anyone. I'm 19 now and my life has been amazing for last three years. I haven't ever been this happy.

Don't let people tell you that depression is a chemical disbalance. Don't think that you're stuck with this forever and it's an illness. It's a state of mind. The amount of people diagnosed with depression has increased by 400% since the 90s. They want you to buy anti-depressants. DON'T.

Tell me what exactly bothers you.

Find yourself a higher purpose. For me it was philosophy and a career, for you it can be something completely else.
>>
>>18482529
what the fuck give me an example
>>
>>18484643
Not OP but here is what bothers me:

I want to be a musician and an artist (draw), but I'm stuck studyingaccountung. I hate that I'm stupid and not able to code. I hate that I'm ugly as shit. I hate that I fail at everything.
>>
>>18484643
>My life will probably go nowhere and i will probably die alone.
>Im socially retarded cant really make friends
>Wasted my childhood Never really got to exprience anything most people do.
>hate how i look and how im stupid as fuck and cant appolisish anything

I dont have a higher purpose i just dont want to die alone but that will probably never happen. Fuck maybe ill just try to overdose on meth or something. Maybe then ill die happy
>>
>>18482538
Kek
>>
>>18484826
Your peoblem is negative self-talk. You have a lot bad to say about yourself where you need to have encouragement. Tell me, how do all of these discouraging words you say to yourself HELP you? If it isn't helpful then it isn't useful. If it's not useful it's a waste of energy. If you're feeling depressed what you need is energy. Quit wasting energy beating yourself up. Nobody gives a fuck. Do what you're gonna do, and never tell yourself "you can't" if it's something you want because then you're just abusing yourself. When is abuse ever a good thing? Cut yourself a break. You're allowed to fuck up from time to time. If the first time you have to catch a football is in the endzone at the superbowl you're either going to get INSANELY LUCKY or you're gonna fumble it. 99% chance you'd fumble it. Give yourself a break my dude.
>>
>>18484643
I don't want to say "lel you don't have REAL depression," and maybe your advice is applicaple to OP, but for some people it's absolutely different.

I've been depressed all my life. For me it's not exclusive to being a teen, and medication absolutely helps me. Everybody is different. Your experience is not the end-all be-all of depression, and it's egotistical and insulting of you to imply that the people who have had a different experience did it wrong.

My mom died when I was three and I've had several family unit fractures since then. Shit really hit the fan for me at 12, I got actively suicidal at 16, and even now, after intensive outpatient and dropping out of college, I sometimes can't get out of bed. Today is one such day.

I wake up to a dreamlike hell every day, and each failure is a slap in the face. Life gets progressively harder.

This has been life for me as long as I can remember. It's absolutely chemically reinforced. I'm on 3 antidepressants, and I can finally look people in the face without feeling terrified. I'm just worried they'll stop working.

So do you have any advice for me, Dr. Happy?
>>
>>18485160
So how do I stop this pattern of negative self-talk?
>>
>>18482538
>chemical imbalance
kek letting big pharma lie to you
>>18482510
Depression is a state of mind. Find out what's causing it, and fix it. Simples.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.