[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I FIX MY LIFE PLEASE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

I'VE BEEN NEET FOR TWO YEARS

PLEASE HOW DO I FIX THIS

THANKS VERY MUCH

THANK YOU
>>
Get a job
>>
>>18482235
That sounds like gash, why don't I just go on holiday or some shit, I've spend fucking years working jobs and saving my fucking money when I could have been out having a good time and partying with people. So I should just go fucking travelling basically. Yes?
>>
SHAMELESS BUMP
>>
>>18482275

What do you think NEET means?
>>
>>18482322
Yes what I'm saying is that I'm *currently* NEET and have been for 2 years

But I'm in my mid-twenties, I used to have jobs, I worked for a few years: after, during, and before university.

I saved a bit of money and I've always wanted to go travelling.
>>
>>18482329

Traveling won't fix your situation. hen you come back you'll still have no job.
>>
>>18482336
I've missed out on years of social and real experiences because I was doing jobs that other people told me to do. If I get out into the world I can build up better social skills, and confidence. Then I can get a job when I get back.
>>
>>18482346

Yeah, a trip can be fun and a confident boost, but you'll b the same person at the end.
>>
>>18482358
No not necessarily, I think it can teach you lots of confidence and shit. I know lots of people who have gone travelling and they said it was a fucking great experience
>>
>>18482413

Oh, know, it will be great. But it won't solve your NEET situation.
>>
>>18482420
I think it would make me much more willing to get a job (as I say I have worked a good few jobs in the past, totalling maybe 3 years of full time work which was before and after university, plus some part-time work during university)

Plus it would give me confidence. And confidence is a massive asset in the labour market - actually I would argue it's one of the most important things.
>>
>>18482519

Good luck man. I don't know why you cane here, you have already made a plan. I personally don't like it, but hey, that's on me, not you. You do you and be happy.

I really mean it when I say "good luck". I hope it works out.
>>
>>18482322
I was neet for like 3 years and worked my way to jobs. I started with private music lessons, got a part time job, got a second part time job, did well enough that I got a full time job and it only took 2 and a half years. 40 hour weeks arent bad at all. 60 hour weeks it gets shitty, but as long as you have 2 days off or its only temporary you can manage. I also resumed school while taking 2 jobs before i went full time and said fuck that.
confidence has nothing to do with it, just commit yourself to showing up and getting shit done. I was a total freak and shut in and didnt talk to anyone. Then I broke out of my shell and worked so hard that even though people dont love me, the company does.
>>
>>18482597
btw I'm still a freak and shut in, but nothing bothers me. I'm making money and capable of doing work and learning fast. Its a huge confidence boost when you realize you are good at a job. Not just that, people appreciate the work you put in and all kinds of good habits like attendance and willingness to show up unexpectedly. I was never taken advantage of, just given more chances to work and prove myself. Now I built up experience and references which I always had to use family members for.
Applying in person is best. Most jobs have literally nothing posted online about hiring, you just have to walk in and ask and keep checking til they have a spot.
>>
>>18482527
I have a plan but that doesn't mean I've committed to do it yet. I feel bad because i've lived off my mum rent-free for the last 2 years. And yes that's stupid. But I could have just gone travelling straight away instead of doing this and then I wouldn't have been a burden. I'm a fucking idiot. I don't know what to do. I get different advice from every single fucking person and I don't give a fuck anymore. Maybe i should. But fuck it.
>>
>>18482597
>>18482609
I respect that to be honest. When you say you were NEET for 3 years, what did you do before that? Had you had a job before? Had you been to uni? Or neither?

Also if you don't mind me asking what sort of job do you do?
>>
>>18482636
I worked in highschool for a year at macys, but quit with out notice.
Went to college for 2 years for an associates in liberal arts, but it does nothing. Spent 2 years doing nothing and another starting to apply online for jobs. None of that really worked though.
I took music lessons to return to college for a major in music and went for free cause of grants.
I ended up with a decent future career out of UPS though. Mostly because of perfect attendance and putting up with everything. Got to go full time even though its rare there and seniority is super important. I somehow bypassed seniority though with good work effort.
If i didn't have that, i'd go for a trade like plumbing or electrician etc or another delivery type job like auto parts or getting a special license.
Its a far stretch i'd go back to school, but if i did I would have to pick between arts and sciences and would definitely pick a science. Music was a bad idea all around, considering I never built up to it before in school and it would amount to nothing anyway.

Honestly it doesnt matter what you do, just do something. Commit yourself. Once you get good or learn something it becomes fun. it sucks at first, then you dont even have to think to work.
You get money, feel proud of yourself, and become independent.
I was sure I was giong to kill myself or make a living off a hobby of mine like writing, music or video games, but its not that practical. It is still a hobby that you can enjoy, but not going to pay bills.
>>
>>18482636
You really cant be choosy btw. I tried for a year applying for jobs. I really wanted to be a janitor for some reason. I guess it seemed to fit a low self esteem guy like me, but no one would hire me.
I also tried every single year around my birthday to apply to barnes and nobles, but never got even an interview or response.
You need to find people who need help and then provide it.
Show up and ask, do not apply online.
>>
>>18482231
Get education, and/or employment, and/or training
>>
>>18482724
pretty much that simple. Wish I said it myself, but i still feel proud of my own experiences because I definitely struggled for various reasons.
>>
>>18482688
Respect for hustling to be honest and thanks for sharing your story

>>18482699
True, online applications get fucking ignored
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.